Major fire in Lucknow factoryMay 29th, 2012 - 12:40 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 28 (IANS) A major fire broke out in a ‘gutka’ factory here Monday, destroying all the stock and raw material stored there, police said. Though the workers were rescued, one woman choked on the smoke and her condition is said to be serious.
The blaze at the factory in the Naka area was so powerful that 12 fire tenders had to fight for over three hours to douse the blaze.
Several factory workers were caught in the fire, but safely rescued by the firemen.
The affected woman was rushed to a nearby medical facility where her condition is stated to be serious, police said.
Fire officials said the fire began from the blowers installed at the third floor that are used to dry the betelnut ’supari’.
A senior fire official told IANS the department would be seeking a reply from the factory owner Anil Kumar Yadav on the lack of fire safety measures in the factory premises.
In another incident in the state capital’s Wazirganj area, a major fire broke out in a fire cracker shop and the area echoed with several blasts. It took over an hour for the fire tenders to control the blaze.
A case has been slapped on the shop owner for illegally stockpiling fire crackers.
- Major fire at Delhi factory - May 12, 2011
- Major fire breaks out in Lucknow plastic factory - Feb 21, 2011
- 100 die in Pakistan as two factories go up in flames (Second Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Building catches fire in Uttar Pradesh, four injured - May 24, 2011
- 45 killed in factory fires in Pakistan (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- 239 die as blaze engulfs two factories in Pakistan (Fourth Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- 135 die as flames engulf two factories in Pakistan (Third Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- One killed in Noida factory blaze - Jul 16, 2011
- Fire in Kanpur plastics scrapyard - May 17, 2011
- Over 300 dead as blaze engulfs two factories in Pakistan (Night Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Chandni Chowk fire extinguished, four hurt (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Fire engulfs factory in Delhi - May 27, 2012
- Fire in Kolkata factory - Dec 20, 2011
- 25 dead in Lahore factory blaze (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- 10 people killed in Delhi factory fire (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: betelnut, blasts, blaze, blowers, factory premises, fire cracker, fire crackers, fire official, fire officials, fire safety measures, fire tenders, firemen, medical facility, raw material, reply, stock, yadav