Major fire in chemical factory, no casualtiesApril 20th, 2011 - 1:43 pm ICT by IANS
Meerut (Uttar Pradesh), April 20 (IANS) Goods worth Rs.40 lakh were destroyed as a major fire broke out in the warehouse of a chemical factory here Wednesday, police said. No casualties have been reported.
The fire engulfed the warehouse of Chahat Chemicals in Brahmapuri area, following which six fire tenders were pressed into service.
“The fire spread within no time as it came in contact with drums containing chemical adhesives, primarily used for manufacturing sports goods,” police inspector Alok Sharma said in Meerut, some 450 km from Lucknow.
“The situation is under control and the flames would soon be doused completely,” he added.
A few workers, who were trapped inside the warehouse, were rescue in a joint operation carried out by police and firefighters.
“Though the exact financial loss is yet to be ascertained, initial estimates peg it at around Rs.40 lakh,” said Sharma.
It is believed that an electric short-circuit caused the fire.
- Fire guts Meerut factory, sports goods destroyed - Feb 12, 2011
- Major fire in paper factory, no casualties - Apr 26, 2011
- Motorbike showroom gutted in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 18, 2011
- Market blaze destroys goods worth lakhs of rupees - Mar 14, 2011
- Massive fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Aug 29, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh store, no casualty - Dec 21, 2010
- Massive fire in Kanpur leather factory - Mar 09, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Nov 17, 2010
- Major fire in state power utility's warehouse - Feb 05, 2011
- Major fire in textile factory, no casualty - Apr 08, 2011
- Leather goods warehouse gutted, no casualty - Nov 11, 2010
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh hotel, no casualty - Sep 29, 2011
- Fire in wholesale grain market, no casualties - Mar 01, 2011
- Four killed in Delhi warehouse fire - Nov 13, 2011
- Labourer injured in fire in Delhi - Mar 10, 2012