Major fire at Rajasthan secretariat, no casualtyMay 28th, 2011 - 6:30 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, May 28 (IANS) A major fire broke out in the Rajasthan government’s secretariat building here Saturday morning, police said. No casualty was reported, but many documents and computers were charred.
“Around 8 a.m., security guards at the secretariat saw smoke coming out from the first floor of the northern end of the main building. They called the fire brigade, and four tenders took around half-an-hour to contain the fire,” a police officer told IANS.
There was no casualty as it was a holiday.
Police said the maximum damage occurred in one room of the protocol section of the general administration department (GAD), where documents and other equipment, including computers and furniture, were reduced to ashes.
“The cause of the fire is believed to be a short circuit in the cooling plant. However, we are investigating the matter,” he added.
- Mantralaya fire toll rises to five (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Mantralaya fire continues second day - Jun 22, 2012
- Hand loom weaver charred in fire - Apr 22, 2012
- Fire at Bengal state secretariat, no casualties - Apr 20, 2012
- Two killed, 16 injured in Mantralaya fire (Intro Night Lead) (With images) - Jun 22, 2012
- Mantralaya blaze: Chavan says fire controlled, orders probe (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Presidency fire causes major damage (Second Lead) - Oct 29, 2010
- Fire in Presidency University causes extensive damage (Lead) - Oct 29, 2010
- Two fires in Kolkata, no casualties (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- 16 injured in Mantralaya fire, blaze under control (Night Lead) (With images) - Jun 21, 2012
- Fire in central Delhi building (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Fire at Army hospital in Delhi - Apr 18, 2011
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Fire in central Delhi building, no casualty (Second Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Fire at Udyog Bhawan: No casualties - Aug 11, 2010
Tags: casualty, fire brigade, furniture, general administration department, half an hour, jaipur, maximum damage, morning police, police officer, protocol section, rajasthan government, saturday morning, secretariat, security guards, short circuit, tenders