Major fire at fertiliser factory in Uttar PradeshJune 8th, 2010 - 12:47 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 8 (IANS) A major fire broke out at a fertiliser factory in an industrial area of Uttar Pradesh’s Kanpur district Tuesday, police said. No injuries were reported.
At least eight fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the fire at the Duncan Fertiliser unit in Panki industrial area that also houses a depot of the Indian Oil Corporation and other chemical-based units.
“There was timely intervention by police and fire fighting officials. The flames were controlled from spreading to the nearby industrial units,” police inspector Manoj Mishra told reporters in Kanpur, about 80 km from Lucknow.
“No one was present inside the factory when the fire broke out,” he added.
The reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained. “District authorities along with police have initiated an enquiry to establish the cause of the incident,” said Mishra.
- Huge fire in plywood factory in Kanpur - Jul 31, 2010
- Massive blaze in Kanpur factory - Mar 21, 2011
- Massive fire in Kanpur leather factory - Mar 09, 2011
- Ten killed in Delhi factory fire, Dikshit orders probe (Second Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Fire in Delhi factory - May 20, 2011
- Massive fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Aug 29, 2011
- Fire in Kanpur plastics scrapyard - May 17, 2011
- Major fire in chemical factory, no casualties - Apr 20, 2011
- Ten killed in Delhi factory fire, Dikshit orders probe (Third Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Major fire in state power utility's warehouse - Feb 05, 2011
- Major fire in Kanpur warehouse, no casualty - Oct 07, 2010
- Fire guts Meerut factory, sports goods destroyed - Feb 12, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh store, no casualty - Dec 21, 2010
- Two killed in factory fire in Andhra Pradesh - Aug 15, 2012
- Two killed in Uttar Pradesh pharmaceutical company fire - Dec 18, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,