Maiden win for Feroz Khan in JK Tyre National RacingSeptember 17th, 2011 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 17 (IANS) Young Feroz Khan (HCZ Racing) showcased his racing genes as he recorded his maiden win in the Indian Junior Touring Cars class by also clocking the fastest lap of the 10-lap event in the JK Tyre National Racing Championship here Saturday.
The damp track did not deter Khan, son of former National champion Ayub, as he finished ahead of championship leader Diljith Shaji (LCT Sigaram Sports) and B Bala Vijay (Moto-Rev India).
Starting third on the grid, Khan slipped past the front-runners and once in the lead, did not look back as he came up with a near-impeccable drive.
Meanwhile, Ameya Walavalkar (Mars Racing) survived a spin at turn-1 to win the Formula LGB Swift race from TVS Girling drivers S Narendran and Sandeep Kumar.
Narendran was rather fortunate to finish ahead of Sandeep Kumar as he too spun after catching up with Walavalkar who displayed plenty of pluck and some defensive driving to register his fourth win of the season.
In the Super Saloon class race, Coimbatore’s Vijayakumar Rajvirudhan (Prime Racing) saw off a strong challenge from veteran Narayanaswamy Leelakrishnan (RAD Racing) and chalked up a good win while Siddharth Kishore (Performance Racing) came in third in front of championship leader Radha Selvarajan (RAD Racing) who was nursing fever.
Formula LGB Swift (10 laps): 1. Ameya Walakwalkar (Mars Racing) 20:02.952; 2. S Narendran (TVS Girling) 20:16.798; 3. Sandeep Kumar (TVS Girling) 20:17.092.
Indian Touring Cars (Super Saloon, 10 laps): 1. Vijayakumar Rajvirdhan (Prime Racing) 20:37.716; 2. Narayanaswamy Leelakrishnan (Rad Racing) 20:40.859; 3. Siddharth Kishore (Performance Racing) 2-:53.665.
Indian Junior Touring Cars (10 laps): 1. Feroz Khan (HCZ Racing) 21:57.952; 2. Diljith Shaji (LCT Sigaram Sports) 22:00.005; 3. B Bala Vijay (Moto-Rev India) 22:23.069.
- Double for Rajvirudhan, Feroz Khan in JK Tyre National Racing - Sep 18, 2011
- Veterans rule the roost at JK Races - Aug 21, 2011
- Ameya, Vishnu annex titles in JK Tyre National Racing - Nov 27, 2011
- Hat-trick of wins for Walavalkar - Aug 20, 2011
- First win for Leelakrishnan in JK Tyre National Racing - Oct 15, 2011
- Close contests on cards in JK Tyre National Racing - Oct 14, 2011
- Rajvirdhan, Diljith claim titles in National Racing - Nov 26, 2011
- JK Tyre National Racing: Bala, Prakash, Ameya post wins - Jul 16, 2011
- Leelakrishan completes a double in JK Tyre National Racing - Oct 16, 2011
- Double for Ameya, Diljith in JK Tyre National Racing - Jul 17, 2011
- Close battles likely in JK Races - Sep 16, 2011
- Commanding win for Deepak in National Racing Championship - Jun 18, 2011
- Front-runners might have it tough in JK Tyre National Racing - Jul 15, 2011
- Vijaykumar, Feroze bag honours in National racing - Jul 08, 2012
- Tough fight for front-runners in JK Tyre National Racing - Aug 19, 2011
Tags: ayub, bala, championship leader, defensive driving, feroz khan, fourth win, front runners, girling, hcz, jk tyre, lap event, laps, lct, national champion, performance racing, pluck, sandeep kumar, touring cars, vijay, vijayakumar