Maid burgles elderly doctor’s houseNovember 15th, 2011 - 11:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 15 (IANS) A 22-year-old maid working at the house of a 75-year-old woman doctor went missing with cash and jewellery worth around Rs.5 lakh, police said Tuesday.
The matter came to light Sunday after the doctor, identified only as Madan, lodged a complaint.
The missing maid has been identified as Varsha alias Mamta, a native of East Midnapur in West Bengal.
Police said Mamta was hired around one-and-a-half months ago and lived with the elderly couple at their home in Greater Kailash-III.
On the night of Nov 10, Mamta told Madan that her mother was very ill and that she wanted to go to her hometown to see her.
The doctor granted her leave and Mamta left the next morning.
Two days later, Madan opened the almirah of her bedroom and found that Rs.4 lakh in cash and gold jewellery worth over Rs.1 lakh were missing.
She immediately informed her husband O.P. Madan about it, and they later approached the police.
“A team has been sent to the residential address of Mamta to trace her,” a police officer said.
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Former Jamia professor's house burgled in Ghaziabad - Feb 22, 2010
- Dacoits loot cash, jewellery in east Delhi - Apr 17, 2011
- Jewellery worth Rs.14.5 lakh stolen from Delhi house - Jan 26, 2011
- Former maid, paramour arrested for robbing French national's house - Apr 22, 2012
- Rs.40 lakh robbed from jeweller's house - Apr 07, 2011
- Servant loots former employer's house - May 04, 2011
- Engineer becomes thief to recover business losses - May 11, 2012
- Newly recruited servent drugs employer, decamps with jewellery - Jan 29, 2011
- Domestic help held for robbing employer - Mar 11, 2011
- Three held for robbery in capital - Feb 09, 2011
- Rajya Sabha official's house burgled - Oct 13, 2011
- Four arrested for murders in Kolkata (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Rs.12 lakh jewellery stolen from Lucknow shop - May 17, 2012
- Jeweller's house looted at gunpoint - Nov 30, 2011