Mahindra Navistar targets sales of 50,000 HCVs, 20,000 LCVsMay 25th, 2011 - 6:17 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 25 (IANS) Mahindra Navistar Automotives Ltd is targeting sales of 50,000 units of heavy commercial vehicles (HCVs) and 20,000 units of light commercial vehicles (LCV) in the next three to four years, a top executive of the company said Wednesday.
“We sold 11,000 units of LCVs last year. The company just started production of HCVs. The company is aiming to sell 50,000 units of HCVs and 20,000 units of LCVs in the next three to four years,” Nalin Mehta, managing director, Mahindra Navistar Automotives Ltd, said here.
He said the company had about 15 percent market share in the LCV segment in India.
HCV and LCV markets currently 160,000 units and 240,000 units respectively in the country and the markets were growing at a rate of 40 percent and 15 percent per annum respectively, he said.
Mahindra Navistar offers products like rigid trucks, multi-axle trucks, tippers and tractor trailers.
“Initially, we are concentrating on the domestic market. We will be eyeing to sell our products in South Africa and SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) countries in the next two years,” Mehta said.
- Mahindra Navistar to beef up product distribution range - Jan 24, 2011
- Mahindra to launch more new vehicles next fiscal - Jan 10, 2012
- Volvo Eicher eyes 15 percent share of heavy commercial vehicles market - May 11, 2012
- Ashok Leyland net in 2011-12 down by 10 percent - May 14, 2012
- Mahindra & Mahindra grows 19 percent in July - Aug 01, 2012
- Mahindra's mini-truck forays into southern market - Jul 15, 2010
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan unveil 1.25-tonne goods carrier - Mar 29, 2011
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Ashok Leyland launches 10 tippers and trailer models - Nov 02, 2010
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan joint venture to roll out light trucks by 2011 - Jun 02, 2010
- Ashok Leyland Nissan to roll out LCVs in mid-2011 - Jun 01, 2010
- Pick-up category to grow 15-16 percent in 2012: Mahindra - Jan 28, 2011
- Ashok Leyland Nissan rolls out Dost light commercial vehicle - Jul 22, 2011
- Striking Comstar Automotive workers plan fast - Aug 19, 2011
- Volvo to invest Rs.400 crore, set up research centre - Dec 29, 2011
Tags: annum, automotives, axle trucks, cooperation countries, hcv, light commercial vehicles, mahindra, managing director, market share, mehta, navistar, rigid trucks, saarc, segment, south africa, south asian association, south asian association for regional cooperation, tippers, top executive, tractor trailers