Mahathir releases book on Indian origin copMay 16th, 2008 - 2:28 pm ICT by admin
Kuala Lumpur, May 16 (IANS) Malaysia’s former prime minister Mahathir Mohamad has released a biography of an Indian origin policeman who fought the communist insurgency during the British colonial era. Sher Mohamed Allah Baksh, who valiantly battled the communists during the insurgency, came from India when just 14, his son and author of the book entitled “Kismet” Rafique Sher Mohamed said here Thursday.
Mahathir, who did not know the late Sher Mohamed personally, said a book like “Kismet” was important because it “immortalised a piece of the country’s history”, The Star newspaper said Friday.
Sher Mohamed, who joined the police force of the Federated Malay States in 1934, died in 1996 at the age of 81.
- I am a Malay, says Malaysian ex-PM with Indian roots - Mar 08, 2011
- Ex-Malaysian PM again says 9/11 was a staged attack - Jan 23, 2010
- Rakesh Sharma to attend Malaysian astronaut's wedding - Jul 28, 2010
- India's Congress party invited for Malaysian meet - Jul 29, 2010
- Malaysian Govt. urges Muslims to remain calm over High Court's 'Allah' verdict - Jan 03, 2010
- Malay Indians set to give rousing welcome to Manmohan Singh - Oct 25, 2010
- Make English second official language, Malaysia urged - Dec 11, 2009
- Samy Vellu says sorry, Mahathir says doesn't matter - Sep 18, 2009
- Malaysian youngsters 'most frequent visitors to porn sites' - Jul 22, 2010
- Fresh twist in Anwar Ibrahim's sodomy trial - Aug 02, 2010
- English only in courts, two Malaysian states insist (Lead) - Dec 11, 2009
- Security alert in Malaysia after Osama killing - May 03, 2011
- Malaysian mock tribunal finds Bush, Blair guilty of 'crimes against peace' - Nov 24, 2011
- Malaysian PM's ex-aide being probed for sedition - Feb 04, 2010
- Anwar Ibrahim's 1998 sacking was lawful: Malaysian court - Mar 08, 2010