Maharashtra’s Force One to become operational in two monthsJanuary 19th, 2009 - 11:00 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 19 (IANS) The proposed Force One, a crack commando unit of the Maharashtra police, would be operational within the next couple of months, Chief Minister Ashok Chavan said here Monday.Force One will be patterned on the lines of the elite National Security Guards (NSG), popularly known as Black Cats, which rendered exemplary services during the Mumbai terror attacks of Nov 26 last year.
Chavan made the announcement after a meeting with the top state police brass here Monday evening.
Chavan, along with Deputy Chief Minister Chhagan Bhujbal and Home Minister Jayant Patil, attended the two-day six-monthly review meeting.
The chief minister said that the training venue to serve as a base for Force One is in the process of being finalised.
“We shall make the force operational within two months,” Chavan said.
The meeting also reviewed the overall security scenario of the state, and the arrangements being made for peaceful Republic Day celebrations.
Among other issues, the meeting discussed the ongoing investigations into the Mumbai terror attacks and the probe into the Malegaon blast.
- Chidambaram inaugurates NSG hub in Mumbai - Feb 23, 2012
- Pune blast: Security beefed up in Mumbai, Maharashtra - Feb 14, 2010
- Chavan, ministers visit ailing Deshmukh - Aug 08, 2012
- Mantralaya resumes work after four days - Jun 25, 2012
- Security high in sea, air, land for Mumbai grand finale - Mar 31, 2011
- Prithviraj Chavan sworn in Maharashtra chief minister (Lead) - Nov 11, 2010
- Super Black Cat commandos by 2015: NSG chief - Oct 16, 2011
- Mantralaya to be functional in three months, says Bhujbal (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Ajit Pawar to be new Maharashtra deputy chief minister (Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Andhra anti-terror force Octopus gets its headquarters - Aug 13, 2012
- Senior district official set afire by petrol mafia (Second Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- Congress, NCP ally to dislodge saffron combine from BMC - Jan 11, 2012
- Ajit Pawar is Maharashtra deputy chief minister (Second Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Maharashtra's elite force operational two days before 26/11 anniversary - Nov 24, 2009
- Ajit Pawar will be Maharashtra deputy chief minister - Nov 10, 2010