Maharashtra Police officer gets bail in rape caseApril 23rd, 2012 - 10:00 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 23 (IANS) Anil Mahabole, a Maharashtra Police officer accused of rape, Monday secured interim bail from the Bombay High Court, which observed that prima facie, a case of rape was not made out against him, his lawyer said.
The court did not believe the rape allegation against Mahabole, Justice A.M. Thipsay observed after examining the police report, lawyer Rohini Wagh said.
“Accordingly, the court has granted him interim bail with a surety of Rs.30,000 and posted the matter for final hearing April 30. In the meantime, he (Mahabole) has been ordered to report to the investigation office daily for questioning in the case,” Wagh told IANS.
An assistant commissioner of police posted in the Riot Control Police, Mahabole was accused of alleged rape by a middle-aged housewife sometime ago.
She alleged that Mahabole blackmailed her on the basis of an MMS clip showing her in a compromising position, threatened her and repeatedly raped her for the last eight months.
The woman April 11 approached top police authorities who ordered an inquiry which registered a first information report after Mahabole’s role in the crime was established.
According to the victim, Mahabole came to her house and offered her some sweets. She claimed that she passed out after eating the sweets and when she regained consciousness, he showed her the MMS clip.
The court opined that the victim appeared to be “a consenting party” and it appeared more to be an illicit relationship, Wagh said.
Wagh also refuted reports of Mahabole’s suspension, saying so far no such orders have been served on him.
“We have been hearing it on television channels, but there are no orders suspending him,” she said.
- Mumbai senior cop suspended for raping colleague - Apr 18, 2012
- Delhi teacher held for raping ex-student, making MMS - Dec 26, 2011
- IPL player Luke Pomersbach gets bail (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- NCP suspends 'rapist' Maharashtra lawmaker - Feb 26, 2011
- NCP lawmaker charged with rape, sent to three-day police custody - Feb 27, 2011
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Pinki alleges harassment in police custody (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Shiney Ahuja's maid now claims rape never took place - Sep 08, 2010
- Court asks for West Bengal report on Pinki probe - Jul 06, 2012
- Bombay HC grants actor Shiny Ahuja bail in rape case - Apr 27, 2011
- Rape-accused NCP legislator held in Mumbai (Lead) - Feb 27, 2011
- Tainted godman Nityananda freed on bail (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- NCP suspends legislator over rape charge - Feb 26, 2011
Tags: allegation against, anil, assistant commissioner, bombay high court, commissioner of police, eight months, housewife, illicit relationship, information report, investigation office, mms clip, police authorities, police officer, police report, rape allegation, rape case, riot control, surety, sweets, television channels