Maharashtra Navnirman Sena activists ransack school in PuneAugust 15th, 2008 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, Aug 15 (IANS) Forty men belonging to Raj Thackerey’s Maharashra Navnirman Sena (MNS) ransacked a school in Pune for not hoisting the Indian flag on Independence day, the police said. The incident occurred in the Mercedes Benz International school here in the Hinjewadi locality.
“At about 9:00 am they attacked the premises of the school and damaged the entrance and reception area, by throwing stones and breaking glass windows,” said the police.
Local MNS Leader Deepak Paigude told IANS: “For the last five years the school has never hoisted the Indian flag. At least on Independence Day they should have some celebration like other schools do,”
The police have arrested two activists. There was no one from the school management to comment.
The school is situated in the heart of the Rajiv Gandhi IT park in Hinjewadi.
- Low key I-Day celebrations in Maharashtra - Aug 15, 2012
- Maoists target two schools in Jharkhand on Republic Day - Jan 26, 2011
- Sena-BJP combine triumph in Mumbai, Thane civic polls, MNS gains (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- MNS offers unconditional support to Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI in Thane - Mar 06, 2012
- Mercedes to increase investments to Rs.850 crore - Sep 05, 2012
- Mixed trends in Maharashtra civic poll count - Feb 17, 2012
- Arms, explosives seized from Pune businessman - Sep 18, 2011
- Kalyan-Dombivali Election Results Are Out - Nov 01, 2010
- A son rises in Raj Thackeray's MNS too - Feb 06, 2012
- Censor board denies charges on Marathi film certification - Nov 15, 2011
- Pune's Deepak Kumar wins Thane Varsha Marathon - Jul 24, 2011
- Independence Day: the streetside view (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI triumphs in Mumbai, Thane civic polls; MNS gains (Intro Roundup) - Feb 17, 2012
- Two killed in post-poll violence across Maharashtra - Feb 20, 2012
- MNS legislator dies of heart attack - Jun 11, 2011