Maharashtra governor hosts banquet for New Zealand governor-generalSeptember 11th, 2008 - 10:59 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 11 (IANS) New Zealand Governor-General Anand Satyanand met Maharashtra Governor S.C. Jamir at Raj Bhavan here Thursday evening, an official said.The two leaders held a brief meeting and discussed topics of mutual interest, a Raj Bhavan official said. In honour of the visiting dignitary, Jamir later hosted a banquet, which was attended by prominent personalities from this financial capital of the country.
Satyanand, the first person of Indian origin to occupy the top post in New Zealand, is on a week-long visit to India.
Born in 1944 in Auckland, Satyanand had a multi-faceted career as a lawyer, judge and ombudsman, before his appointment as governor-general.
- New Zealand governor-general to meet Maharashtra governor Thursday - Sep 10, 2008
- TVNZ apologises to Kiwi-Indian Gov Gen for Henry's racial slurs against him - Oct 14, 2010
- New Zealand radio host apologises to governor general - Oct 11, 2010
- New Zealand TV host casts racial slur on governor-general - Oct 04, 2010
- Racist slur: New Zealand TV receives 1,500 complaints - Oct 18, 2010
- Upset Hindus want Kiwi TV presenter charged with racism and terminated - Oct 08, 2010
- New Zealand TV host suspended for slur on governor-general - Oct 05, 2010
- New Zealand anchor calls Indian-origin governor general 'fat man' - Oct 10, 2010
- PM meets New Zealand governor general, Maldives president - Oct 05, 2010
- New Zealand TV anchor quits over Dikshit row - Oct 10, 2010
- Complaints flood in following Kiwi anchor's racial slurs against Indians, Dikshit - Oct 07, 2010
- Sheila Dikshit slur to cost New Zealand TV show dear - Oct 08, 2010
- TV anchor's slur on Dikshit unfortunate, says Hooper - Oct 08, 2010
- Prince William arrives in New Zealand for three-day visit - Jan 17, 2010
- Japan PM calls for cooperation in trade, academic sectors (With images) - Dec 28, 2009