Maharashtra government employees to donate Rs.400 mn for flood victimsSeptember 12th, 2008 - 9:59 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 12 (IANS) Over two million government employees in Maharashtra will contribute a day’s salary - aggregating to around Rs.400 million - for providing relief to the victims of the Bihar floods, an official said here Friday.A decision to donate one day’s pay from this month’s salary was taken at a meeting of all the sections of state government employees.
They include employees and officers at the district, regional and state levels, school and college teachers and other staffers, the official added.
The leaders of various employees’ associations and organisations, comprising Ravindra Dhongde and G.D. Kulthe, conveyed the decision in writing to Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh.
Another delegation of employees led by R.G. Karnik and other office-bearers met Deshmukh and requested him to deduct a day’s pay of all workers and send it for providing relief to Bihar flood victims.
- Deshmukh named in another alleged land scam - Apr 09, 2012
- Mantralaya fire toll rises to five (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Diwali bonus for 40,000 Mumbai civic workers - Oct 26, 2011
- Sonawane's widow demands CBI probe; government staff strike work (Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- No tax returns on salaries up to Rs.5 lakh - Jun 23, 2011
- Worrying times for striking Bengal babus (West Bengal Newsletter) - Mar 11, 2012
- Andhra not to pay striking Telangana employees - Sep 22, 2011
- AICC resolution says Deshmukh moved up from grassroots - Aug 15, 2012
- Bihar government staff strike hits flood, drought relief - Aug 27, 2010
- Central Coalfields loses heavily due to strike - Oct 10, 2011
- Sonia names new working committee, makes changes in key states (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Congress, BJP legislators to donate salaries for Bihar flood victims - Sep 01, 2008
- Minor girl burnt alive for protesting harassment - Feb 11, 2011
- Raj Thackeray admits dilemma over picking candidates - Jan 27, 2012
- Political leaders pay tribute to 'warm-hearted' Deshmukh - Aug 14, 2012