Maharashtra, Goa lawyers on strikeJuly 11th, 2012 - 1:12 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 11 (IANS) About 1.40 lakh lawyers in Maharashtra and Goa Wednesday joined the two-day all-India strike to protest the entry of foreign law institutes and universities and a proposed legislation that could affect the autonomy of the Bar Council of India (BCI), an official said.
Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa vice president Ashish P. Deshmukh said the response to the strike was overwhelming.
“The response is 100 percent and will remain so even tomorrow as the legal fraternity is extremely concerned about these issues,” Deskhmukh told IANS.
- 1.4 lakh Maharashtra, Goa lawyers join all-India strike (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Nationwide lawyers' strike badly hits court proceedings (Roundup) - Jul 11, 2012
- Maharashtra lawyers to join all-India strike July 11-12 - Jul 06, 2012
- Delhi High Court lawyers join strike - Jul 12, 2012
- Lawyers strike hits court work on day two - Jul 12, 2012
- Delhi lawyers observe strike on bar council's call - Jul 11, 2012
- Lawyers' strike cripples judicial work in northeast - Jul 11, 2012
- No entry for foreign lawyers, bar council tells government - Sep 28, 2010
- Bar council slams bill on legal education - Jan 09, 2012
- Bar Council to hold mandatory test for budding lawyers - Oct 15, 2010
- Delhi lawyers strike work against bills (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Bill that will allow foreign law firms through back door (Comment) - Aug 18, 2011
- Delhi's lower court lawyers to strike work Jan 20 - Jan 19, 2012
- Delhi lawyers form new welfare council - Jul 30, 2012
- Introspect, Ansari urges legal profession - May 05, 2012