Magistrate submits report on Ruchika’s expulsion from schoolJanuary 7th, 2010 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 7 (IANS) The report of a magisterial inquiry into the role of the premier Sacred Heart School in the expulsion of teenaged molestation victim Ruchika Girhotra was finally submitted Thursday, with a top Chandigarh official promising that the guilty would be nailed.
Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Prerna Puri submitted the inquiry report.
“The SDM has submitted the inquiry report to us and we are going to deliver it to Union Territory administrator S.F. Rodrigues for his consideration,” Ram Niwas, home-cum-education secretary of Chandigarh, told reporters here Thursday evening.
Ruchika was expelled from the leading girls’ school for unexplained reasons just a month after she was molested by former Haryana director general of police (DGP) S.P.S. Rathore Aug 12, 1990. She was a Class 10 student at that time. She committed suicide three years later, reportedly due to harassment of her and her family.
Rathore’s daughter was Ruchika’s classmate in the same school and a recent complaint to the police has said Rathore got Ruchika expelled to save his own daughter from embarrassment.
Ram Niwas refused to divulge the details of the report.
“Right now I am not in a position to comment on the contents of this report. However, one thing is sure - we will not spare those proved guilty in the final report,” he stated.
On Dec 29 last year, after Rathore’s sentence of six months in prison following his conviction sparked an outrage, Ram Niwas had ordered a magisterial inquiry into the role of the school management in the expulsion of Ruchika.
The SDM was supposed to submit her inquiry report Monday but it was delayed by three days as the school principal had gone on leave.
The school is governed by the Chandigarh-Shimla diocese and the school authorities have so far maintained that Ruchika was never victimised nor expelled.
While compiling the report, the SDM had questioned school principal Sister Sebastina, Ruchika’s class teacher, some old and present staff of the school as well as complainant Madhu Prakash and her daughter Aradhana, who is the lone eyewitness in the molestation case.
Sources in the inquiry team said the administration is likely to nail the school authorities for their role in the case.
- Probe in Ruchika's expulsion from school still on - Jan 03, 2010
- Probe report into Ruchika's expulsion from school on Thursday - Jan 06, 2010
- Ruchika's school angry over 'irresponsible' inquiry - Jan 10, 2010
- Ruchika's school claims inquiry ignored facts - Apr 04, 2010
- Principal expelled Ruchika, but not Rathore's daughter (Second Lead) - Jan 07, 2010
- Inquiry officer likely to question Ruchika's school principal - Dec 31, 2009
- Probe indicts Ruchika's school for 'expulsion' (Lead) - Jan 07, 2010
- Probe begins into Ruchika's expulsion from school - Dec 30, 2009
- Ruchika was never expelled, says school - Jan 01, 2010
- Ruchika's principal returns state award - Jan 11, 2010
- Chandigarh administration initiates probe against Ruchika's school - Dec 29, 2009
- Ruchika case: School principal innocent, says church official - Dec 03, 2010
- Church for probe into reasons for Ruchika's school expulsion - Dec 30, 2009
- Ruchika's school expresses ignorance over CBSE notice - Feb 05, 2010
- Ruchika's school principal under scanner now - Dec 31, 2009
Tags: classmate, dgp, education secretary, expulsion from school, girls school, inquiry report, jan 7, magisterial inquiry, magistrate, molestation victim, puri, ram niwas, rathore, rodrigues, sacred heart school, school authorities, school management, school principal, unexplained reasons, union territory