Madrassa student arrested for SIMI linksAugust 21st, 2008 - 5:29 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 21 (IANS) A madrassa student, allegedly linked with the banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), was arrested in Basti district of Uttar Pradesh, the police said Thursday.Police officer Ramashanker said Danish Raza was arrested with forged degrees of a seminary late Wednesday night from Kareyhali locality of Basti, about 300 km from here.
“Raza is being interrogated. We cannot rule out the possibility of his links with SIMI,” he added.
“He has given us three different residential addresses - in Lucknow, Aligarh and Azamgarh districts of the state,” said Ramashanker.
- Madrassa teacher held for sodomising student - Mar 23, 2011
- A progressive madrassa in the heart of Uttar Pradesh (With Image) - Dec 30, 2011
- Quran and computers: Azamgarh madrassa with a modern touch (Feature) - Jul 08, 2011
- Madrassas help students make sense of the world (Comment) - Apr 20, 2012
- SIMI's former president nabbed at Kochi airport - Jun 25, 2011
- Terror suspect arrested in Kolkata - Jul 18, 2012
- Class 8 student kills classmate for his mobile - Jan 10, 2011
- Locals clash with police after minor's killing - Jul 29, 2011
- Quran with Bhagavad Gita in a communal harmony class - Nov 21, 2011
- Azamgarh tense after student's death in accident - Nov 04, 2011
- Pakistan wants uniform curriculum for seminaries - Jun 06, 2011
- 40 illegal firearms seized, three held - Nov 10, 2011
- Police post torched during protest - Nov 02, 2011
- Student found dead in Uttar Pradesh madrassa - Jul 06, 2010
- Banks to disburse UP scholarships - Aug 13, 2012