Madonna gets custody of children, Ritchie agreesOctober 19th, 2008 - 7:14 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 19 (DPA) Pop diva Madonna and British director Guy Ritchie, who just announced their divorce, have reached an agreement on the custody of their three children following a compromise on the financial settlement, British media reported Sunday.The pop diva will have custody of Lourdes, 12, her daughter from a previous relationship with a fitness trainer, the couple’s eight-year-old biological son, Rocco, and their three-year-old adopted son David, reported the Mail Sunday.
The newspaper said Madonna will take the children with her to the US. But, the singer is to give Ritchie broad access to the Rocco and David. Ritchie, the report said, plans to buy a house in New York.
“The most important things to him (Ritchie) are having full access to his kids, whom he adores, and a quiet life,” a friend of Richie was quoted as saying in the report.
Richie did not fight for custody because he knows it would be difficult as the singer was not a bad mother and her children have never come to any harm, the friend added.
Lawyers for the celebrity pair earlier settled on money and property matters, with Ritchie expected to get and cash property worth up to 60 million pounds ($104 million).
British newspapers put the cash amount at 10 to 20 million pounds. A 485- hectare farm in south-west England is among the properties.
- Madonna plans to move back to Britain - Oct 11, 2010
- Madonna's kids dislike her music - Apr 02, 2012
- Madonna learns breakdance from son - May 18, 2012
- Madonna struggles being single mom - Mar 11, 2012
- Sibling rivalry between Madonna's kids! - Jun 12, 2012
- Madonna, Ritchie to reunite for Christmas - Dec 21, 2009
- Guy Ritchie's girlfriend pregnant again? - Jul 19, 2012
- Men didn't find young Madonna attractive - Nov 11, 2011
- Guy Ritchie names son Rafael - Jun 04, 2012
- Guy to spend Christmas with Madonna, kids - Dec 13, 2010
- Madonna's children take appointment to meet mom - Aug 27, 2010
- Madonna planning baby with Jesus - Jan 20, 2010
- Madonna- Most Popular Celebrity In The Past Decade - Dec 24, 2010
- Madonna wants to be tougher parent - Apr 19, 2012
- Madonna decade's most talked about celebrity - Dec 23, 2010