Madonna defends AdeleMarch 12th, 2012 - 5:32 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 12 (IANS) Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld has claimed that English singer Adele was a “a little too fat” and an upset Madonna criticises his comments as “horrible” and “ridiculous”.
The 53-year-old queen of pop said: “I don’t like it when anybody says anything bad about anyone — I don’t like it. Adele’s great talent and how much she weighs has nothing to do with it.”
Lagerfeld made the statement while guest-editing a French magazine.
Adele won six Grammy awards this year and Madonna feels that the young talent should focus on her career, reports thesun.co.uk.
“The thing for Adele to remember is at the end of the day whether you rise or fall, it has so much to do with how you sustain yourself and keep your integrity and your inner strength,” she said.
“It is all about who you surround yourself with - friends and people who really do care about you, and care about your well-being beyond being a superstar. That’s the most important thing.”
- Karl Lagerfeld apologises to Adele - Apr 04, 2012
- My wedding day was perfect: Barrymore - Jun 07, 2012
- Lagerfeld wouldn't have wanted ugly daughter - Aug 20, 2011
- Lagerfeld's fashion advice - Apr 27, 2011
- Witherspoon reads about herself online - Dec 12, 2010
- Adele responds to Karl Lagerfeld's "fat comments" - Feb 10, 2012
- Vanessa Paradis loves working with Chanel - Jul 08, 2010
- Loads of money not needed to be well dressed: Lagerfeld - Apr 26, 2011
- Lagerfeld loves Paris - Jul 01, 2011
- Minogue puts son ahead of career - May 14, 2012
- Designer Karl Lagerfeld gives Diet Coke bottle a makeover - Mar 30, 2011
- Adele is pregnant - Jul 01, 2012
- Knightley awed by Lagerfeld - Aug 01, 2012
- Madonna is upset with her daughter Lourdes' hair - Aug 03, 2012
- Kylie Minogue speaks of her joy at celebrating 5 years without cancer - Jan 03, 2011