Madhya Pradesh to punish children who dump parentsApril 23rd, 2008 - 7:54 pm ICT by admin
Bhopal, April 23 (IANS) The Madhya Pradesh government will penalise offspring who abandon their parents and guardians forcing them to live in old age homes. “A meeting of the state level committee constituted to amend the state’s old age policy held Tuesday resolved to identify senior citizens evicted by their children, and provide them old age pension and penalise the children who discard their parents after getting police cases registered against them,” said an officer of the Women and Child Development (WCD) department.
The meeting, presided over by WCD Minister Kusum Mehdele, also discussed effects of the policy for senior citizens, its constitutional provisions, main areas of mediation and its implementation.
It was also decided to identify aged widows having no income or property and solely dependent on others.
The government proposes drafting a separate policy for their welfare.
Mehdele directed constitution of a sub-committee to prepare the final draft within two months after amending the Senior Citizens Act and the state’s proposed old age policy.
The minister also said the government was soon going to hold a Vriddhajan Panchayat (panchayat of senior citizens).
- NGOs want protection of men in sexual harassment bill - Jul 17, 2010
- Geriatric wards, national commission in offing for the elderly - Jun 18, 2010
- Congress terms Hazare's agitation as premature - Apr 06, 2011
- China might force visits to parents - Feb 03, 2011
- Fast-food outlets offer children free super size meals in mailouts - Dec 05, 2010
- Nepal parties seek more time to settle statute row - Apr 23, 2012
- Nagpur man aims to unite lonely elders (With images) - Feb 06, 2012
- National Conference not keen for district councils in Kashmir - Jan 29, 2011
- Kashmir cabinet panel to meet Saturday over panchayat polls - Jan 28, 2011
- Right to education, women's quota among laws introduced by UPA-II - May 21, 2010
- Congress terms Hazare's indefinite fast as premature - Apr 05, 2011
- None of promised four anti-graft bills passed - Dec 30, 2011
- One in 12 babies born to illegal immigrants in US - Aug 12, 2010
- PM refers tax on portfolio investments to GAAR Committee - Jul 30, 2012
- Will strive to make RTI more effective, accessible: New CIC - Oct 10, 2010