Madhya Pradesh to eliminate poverty in 5 years: ChouhanSeptember 10th, 2008 - 7:05 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Sep 10 (IANS) Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has reiterated his government’s commitment to eliminate poverty from the state in the next five years, an official said.Chouhan said that four million below poverty line (BPL) families would be brought above the poverty line through various livelihood programme.
Self-Help Groups (SHG) would be provided loans at five percent interest, training facilities, land at cheaper rates and marketing facilities, Chouhan said at a state-level convention of SHGs held Tuesday, an official said.
Chouhan said no effort would be spared to provide means of livelihood to the poor and to free them from the clutches of moneylenders.
He said the focus of the state government is on mitigating the sufferings of the poor.
The government stands by the poor in their struggle against poverty. It is the poor who needs the government the most and the state government would make it sure their problems are solved, he said.
- Nabard's Rs.15 bn fund to help women's self-help groups - Apr 14, 2012
- Small borrowers rely on moneylenders: Study - Oct 11, 2011
- Self-help groups to get loans at lower rates: Jairam Ramesh - Jun 21, 2011
- Showcasing a 'pro-poor' agenda in tribal heartland - Jun 07, 2011
- Sonia to launch rural livelihood mission - Jun 01, 2011
- Sonia launches livelihood mission for rural poor - Jun 03, 2011
- National livelihood mission to rural raise workers's skills - Jun 03, 2011
- Sonia launches National Rural Livelihood Mission (Lead) - Jun 03, 2011
- Bihar hires young professionals to help implement livelihood project - May 03, 2012
- Madhya Paradesh claims 12 percent fall in poverty - Mar 21, 2012
- Action against fake poor in Tripura - Jul 31, 2012
- Self-employment scheme to become livelihood mission - Jun 25, 2010
- Government, World Bank to sign pact on rural jobs - Jul 15, 2011
- Gehlot highlights welfare schemes on I-Day - Aug 15, 2012
- Tripura offers land, housing to poor families - Jul 05, 2012