Madhya Pradesh policeman seeks protection for familyDecember 29th, 2008 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Dec 29 (IANS) A policeman here has sought protection from the Madhya Pradesh Human Rights Commission (MPHRC) for himself and his kin as he fears a threat to their lives, officials said Monday. Alleging that enemies of his family have hired a contract killer for Rs.7.5 million to eliminate his relatives, D.L. Sonere, an inspector in the Madhya Pradesh police, last week submitted his request to the MPHRC. He said there was a threat to the life of his elder son and other relatives who are working in various government departments in Karnawad village in Dewas district.
A little over two months ago, Soner’s son Vishal, 27, was burnt alive and many others were injured in a clash between two communities at his village.
Several houses, a jeep and some motorcycles were also set on fire during the clash, which was triggered after a Scheduled Castes girl was allegedly molested during a cultural programme.
Vishal had objected to teasing of the girl belonging to his Balai SC community by the people belonging to Patidar community at a garbha programme Oct 15.
Next day, members of Patidar community allegedly pelted stones at Vishal’s house. Vishal allegedly opened fire at the mob and was caught by them and set on fire.
Sonere, who is attached to the MPHRC, in his request to the commission last week said that many members of his family who are government officials have received threats.
The MPHRC officials said they have forwarded his application to the head of the concerned departments for consideration and are awaiting their response.
Sonare has also submitted an application to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and state Governor Balram Jakhar.
- Youth who objected to molestation burnt to death - Oct 15, 2008
- Former Lok Sabha speaker Balram Jakhar's son shot dead - Jan 17, 2011
- IFFCO chief Jakhar dies of bullet injuries (Second Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Jayadevan seeks neutral review of VJD system by ICC - Jun 05, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Re-arrested suspect sent to 10-days custody - Jul 04, 2012
- Police await forensic reports on Jakhar's death - Jan 19, 2011
- FBI confirms bones collected from canal are Bhanwari Devi's - Jul 05, 2012
- CBI files preliminary report on Netai killings - Mar 04, 2011
- Runaway suspect in Bhanwari murder case re-arrested - Jul 02, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Another accused gives statement to magistrate - Jan 19, 2012
- Congress MP quizzed in missing nurse case - Feb 09, 2012
- IFFCO chief Surinder Jakhar dies of bullet injuries (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Pragya Thakur arrested in Madhya Pradesh murder case - Feb 26, 2011
- Curfew in Madhya Pradesh town after communal clashes - Jun 07, 2010
- Dalits allege denial of water by upper castes - Feb 13, 2012