Madhya Pradesh officials fined for not providing informationJanuary 17th, 2009 - 4:42 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Jan 17 (IANS) Inordinate delay in providing information, sought under the provisions of RTI Act, has proved dear for three officials in Madhya Pradesh. They have been fined Rs. 25,000 each, official sources said. “State information commissioners D.C. Jugran and Mahesh Pandey have in separate orders passed Friday imposed a penalty of Rs 25,000 each on three officers for causing inordinate delay in providing information to applicants,” said an official.
Jugran imposed a penalty of Rs 25,000 on state administrative service officer Meenakshi Singh, then additional collector of Balaghat district.
Pandey imposed a similar penalty on Guna district education officer R.A. Nikhra and PWD executive engineer Pramod Kumar Saraswat for having failed to provide information to applicants.
Mahendra Deshmukh of Balaghat district had July 22, 2006, sought information about selling of tribal land from the office of then additional collector Singh but to no avail. Singh is presently posted in Guna as joint collector and land acquisition officer with Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL).
Considering denial of information by the Singh an act of serious indiscipline, Jugran asked her to deposit Rs.25,000 within a month.
Nikhra was fined for his failure to provide required information to Virendra Sharma of Guna district who had sought details of a provident fund account.
Saraswat had failed to provide information to applicant Sheela Singh on the works of the public works department.
- 'Penalty imposed for denial of information unjustified' - Dec 17, 2010
- 'Soft drinks firms flouting rules by not printing ingredients' - Jul 09, 2010
- PETA to protest for passing new Animal Welfare Act - Dec 08, 2011
- 2G scam: Court rejects Chandolia's plea with Rs.25,000 cost - Mar 01, 2012
- Official fined for delaying RTI information - Mar 24, 2010
- 'Information commissioners cause loss of Rs. 86 crores' - Jan 14, 2011
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh addresses 3.6 mn complaints: Sounds too good? - Jul 12, 2011
- Officials fined Rs.44 lakh for denying information under RTI - Aug 11, 2011
- Odisha reviews safety of anganwadi buildings - Jul 11, 2012
- Compensate teacher for delayed retirement benefits: Rights panel - Jul 27, 2010
- NGO moves apex court against curtailed RTI access, high fee - May 16, 2012
- Delhi's 'despicable' neglect of schools for deaf - Jan 16, 2010
- Court stays fine imposed on Delhi airport operator - May 30, 2011
- Court stays Rs.11 lakh fine imposed on Yahoo India - Sep 14, 2011