Madhya Pradesh offers insurance to schoolchildrenAugust 24th, 2008 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Aug 24 (IANS) The Madhya Pradesh government has approved a scheme for insuring students of government schools in the state.“The period of insurance cover has been fixed from Aug 21, 2008 to Aug 20, 2009 for the students of Class 1 to 12”, an official statement said Sunday.
The premium for the insurance cover would be Re.1 per student. The insurance is being provided by Cholamandal M.S. General Insurance Company Ltd, Indore.
Under the scheme, Rs.50,000 would be provided to the family of a student who dies in an accident. The same amount would also be given if a student loses both hands or legs.
At least Rs.40,000 would be paid to a student who sustains permanent injury in one limb. While Rs. 500 would be given for loss or damage to books, Rs.5,000 would be provided to the student for treatment in case of accident and another Rs.1,000 if his cycle goes missing at the time of accident.
- Insurers relieved as Tamil Nadu scraps health scheme - Jun 10, 2011
- Swabhimaanya rolls out insurance schemes for domestic help - Feb 20, 2012
- Tamil Nadu government's decision to impact insurer - Jun 03, 2011
- Chola MS targets Rs.2,500 crore premium by 2014-15 - Sep 03, 2012
- Revamped health insurance scheme launched - Jan 11, 2012
- Meghalaya to introduce health insurance scheme - Aug 02, 2011
- Insurance cover for Indian painters soon - Aug 11, 2011
- 20 killed in train collision in Madhya Pradesh (Night Lead) - Sep 20, 2010
- 15 die, 52 injured as trains collide (Fourth Lead) - Sep 20, 2010
- Reliance launches online life insurance product - Jun 20, 2012
- Bharti Axa launches add-on covers for cars - Dec 10, 2009
- Bengal to compensate victims of crimes against women - Sep 07, 2012
- Railways running without insurance cover - Aug 04, 2011
- Overseas Indian workers to get pension, life insurance - Jan 07, 2012
- Now, insurance cover for varsity students - Jun 11, 2010