Madhya Pradesh minister accused of seeking sexual favoursJanuary 25th, 2012 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Jan 25 (IANS) A Madhya Pradesh Waqf Board member Wednesday accused the Minority Welfare Minister Ajay Vishnoi of seeking sexual favours to cancel his transfer. The minister has denied the charges.
S.M.H. Zaidi, secretary of the board, told IANS that he has moved the Jabalpur bench of the Madhya Pradesh High Court against the minister.
Zaidi, a veterinary doctor, alleged that when he contacted Vishnoi to get his “unfair” transfer order reversed, his aide Shaukat Khan asked him to bring his wife to the minister’s bungalow.
According to Zaidi, two years back the minister had asked him to register a piece of land in someone’s name, but he refused as it was government property.
“Later in April 2010, I was transferred to a Maoist-hit area on the state border. I moved the high court, which agreed the transfer was done to punish me,” Zaidi told IANS.
The court also stayed the transfer.
“But neither has the government followed the court order nor have I received my salary for the last two years,” he said.
On Dec 20, 2011 when Zaidi went to the minister’s residence here, Shaukat told him that his work will be done if he brought his wife to Vishnoi’s Jabalpur bungalow.
The veterinary doctor further said that when he complained to Vishnoi, the minister allegedly said: “You have to pay to get your work done.”
“Shaukat had made the statement before several people and I have mentioned five witnesses in my affidavit,” he added.
Reacting to the charges, Ajay Vishnoi said: “I am in public life and everybody knows my conduct. His charge reflects his dirty mind. He did not even spare his wife.”
- Chouhan government harassing officials: Congress - Jan 27, 2012
- Abhishek Verma calls fresh case politically motivated - Aug 09, 2012
- Pawar escapes unhurt as ceiling fan falls - Dec 03, 2011
- Ajit Jogi's son airlifted to Delhi after mob attack (Lead) - Jun 25, 2011
- Virbhadra faces graft charge; says will resign if asked to (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2012
- Man kills wife and daughter - Mar 15, 2012
- Ayodhya case: Hashim Ansari to file appeal - Feb 13, 2011
- Aamir Khan to meet Gehlot over female foeticide - May 09, 2012
- Virbhadra Singh resigns - Jun 26, 2012
- CM involved in Madhya Pradesh illegal mining: Digvijay Singh - Mar 09, 2012
- Pataudi carved a special place in Bhopal history - Sep 23, 2011
- Digvijay accuses Madhya Pradesh chief minister of land grab - Mar 28, 2012
- CBI to probe killing of Madhya Pradesh cop, Congress calls bandh (Second Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Rajasthan nurse case: Key suspect in police custody - Oct 22, 2011
- Ajit Jogi's son suffers serious head injuries, hospitalised - Jun 24, 2011