Madhya Pradesh medicos continue hunger strikMarch 17th, 2008 - 9:31 pm ICT by admin
Bhopal, March 17 (IANS) Nearly 50 students of a medical college in Madhya Pradesh continued their hunger strike against a fee hike for the fourth day even though the condition of three agitators worsened. The students of R.D. Gardi Medical College in Ujjain are protesting the fee hike of the MBBS course by the college authorities from Rs.161,000 to Rs.242,000.
The agitating students allege that the college authorities presented forged details before the Fee Admission Regulation Committee (FARC), to get a higher fee fixed.
“We approached the chief minister, technical education minister, leader of opposition and others but to no avail. On the contrary, the officer on special duty to the Medical Education Minister Gaurishankar Shejwar even warned us not to come again,” said Richa Shukla, one of the agitating students.
FARC chairman P.L. Chaturvedi, however, said the fee structure of the college was prepared as per the norms.
“Still, if they have any grievance, they may approach the high court as the FARC appellate authority is yet to be constituted,” he told IANS.
- Goa college files complaint after forged letters surface - Jun 09, 2012
- 'Relax MBBS eligibility for northeast tribal students' - Aug 07, 2011
- Medical aspirants seek curbs on Delhi varsity admissions - Jun 22, 2011
- Court terms MBBS admission criteria irrational - Sep 25, 2011
- Court refuses to relax MBBS eligibility for northeast tribals - Aug 10, 2011
- Agartala on alert over Congress's exam disruption threat - Jul 09, 2011
- Court allows rusticated MBBS student to sit for exam - Jun 08, 2012
- MBBS students call off agitation in Meghalaya - Jul 05, 2011
- Safdarjung Hospital students on hunger strike (Lead) - Jun 01, 2010
- AIIMS urged not to use animals for medical training - Jan 17, 2012
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Court asks MCI to grant additional seats in Telangana colleges - Jul 13, 2012
- Medical students attempt suicide over low marks - Sep 03, 2011
- Court seeks Delhi varsity view on OBC quota in minority colleges - Jun 22, 2012
- 4,500 MBBS seats added: Azad - Aug 02, 2011