Madhya Pradesh lawmaker attempts suicide, heldMay 3rd, 2008 - 8:50 pm ICT by admin
Bhopal, May 3 (IANS) Samajwadi Party lawmaker Kishore Samrite, who made a bid to take ‘Jal Samadhi’ (commit suicide by drowning) here Saturday to protest against the non-fulfilment of several long pending demands, was arrested by the police and later released on bail. Samrite, who represents Lanjhi assembly constituency, demanded adequate power and water supply arrangements for his constituency. He has sought completion of several important development works and provision of field staff to redress the grievances of the people.
“I had submitted a memorandum to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, warning the state government that I would take Jal Samadhi if the demands were not met by April 30; but nobody bothered,” Samrite told IANS.
“On one hand, Chouhan was agitating against the union government for alleged discrimination towards the state and on the other hand, his own government was meting out stepmotherly treatment to the legislators of the opposition parties,” he said.
Samrite went to the state capital’s Upper Lake Saturday afternoon and took a boat to resort to `Jal Samadhi’, but soon the police reached as well and arrested him.
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh (Second Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- CBI raids ex-legislator's houses in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 16, 2011
- Stormy winter session of Madhya Pradesh assembly expected - Nov 20, 2011
- Chouhan begins fast against central government Sunday - Feb 12, 2011
- RLD wants CBI probe into IPS officer's killing - Mar 11, 2012
- NCPCR seeks report from Karnataka on RTE opposition (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Anti-terror body is interference in state's sovereignty: Chouhan - Feb 17, 2012
- Chouhan writes to PM against national anti-terror hub - Feb 18, 2012
- MP Government sacks former Bhopal SP from Narmada Authority - Jun 15, 2010
- Man accuses Rahul of gangrape, fined Rs.50 lakh - Mar 07, 2011
- Bhopal survivors block rail tracks, call off stir (Lead) - Dec 03, 2011
- Maoists slip into Madhya Pradesh from Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra - Oct 19, 2009
- Chouhan government harassing officials: Congress - Jan 27, 2012
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan ends hunger strike after PM's assurance - Feb 13, 2011
- Public service: Madhya Pradesh makes good of first-mover advantage - Sep 18, 2011