Madhya Pradesh invites Tata to set up Nano plantAugust 24th, 2008 - 6:43 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Aug 24 (IANS) After Orissa, Maharashtra, Haryana and Andhra Pradesh, it’s now the turn of Madhya Pradesh to invite Tata Motors to set up its ‘Nano’ small car facility in that state following political turmoil at Singur in West Bengal, the current location of Tata’s new auto plant.”The gesture was shown by the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan at a function at Gwalior on Saturday,” an official statement issued here said.
“My government would be more than happy if Tata Motors decides to set up its plant for Nano project at Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh. The government would be willing to offer land and other facilities required for setting up the project,” Chouhan said while addressing a function.
The government wouldn’t lag behind in extending any such help which would bring in investments and provide job to the people of the state, he was quoted as saying.
Opposition Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee Sunday kicked off an indefinite protest by thousands near the Tata Motors factory site in Singur to demand return of 400 acres of farmland acquired for the project.
Tata Motors took up the project to build the small car factory in Singur two years back. Since then, the firm has faced resistance from sections of the farmers and political parties over the farmland acquisition.
- Mamata buckles under anti-land acquisition stir, cancels Sankarail project (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Mamata government tables Singur bill - Jun 14, 2011
- Bengal to acquire 400 acres at Singur to return to farmers - Jun 09, 2011
- After protests, Mamata for shifting wagon factory to Singur - Jan 13, 2011
- West Bengal moves apex court on Singur land law - Aug 07, 2012
- Some day Tata Motors will have plant in Bengal: Ratan Tata - Aug 31, 2012
- Industry will be set up in Singur: Buddhadeb - Jan 09, 2011
- Singur bill passed in Bengal assembly (Lead) - Jun 14, 2011
- Modi to visit Japan, meet Suzuki officials (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- 400 acres to be returned to Singur farmers: Mamata - May 20, 2011
- Some day Tata Motors will have plant in Bengal: Ratan Tata (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Mrinal Sen expresses doubt over Singur land - Jun 14, 2011
- Mamata favours railways, SAIL tie-up in Singur - Oct 29, 2011
- I believe Singur's farmers will win, says Mamata - Jun 22, 2012
- Mamata government reactivates Singur movement panel - Jun 23, 2012