Madhya Pradesh home minister’s kin kidnapped, robbedMarch 6th, 2008 - 7:23 pm ICT by admin
Bhopal, March 6 (IANS) More than 24 hours have passed but, the police have not been able to trace the persons who abducted and robbed grandson of Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Himmat Kothari in Ratlam district of the state. Five persons Wednesday kidnapped the home minister’s grandson, Akash Kothari, took him to a secluded place and robbed him of his valuables.
Akash, a class 12 student, was taken hostage from a parking lot near his coaching class.
“As soon as I reached the parking place near my coaching centre, five unidentified people caught hold of me and took me to some deserted place about 4-5 km away. They beat me up, snatched two gold rings, a silver ring, a gold chain and my purse with Rs.500 and my driving licence,” Akash told the police.
Ratlam Superintendent of Police Umesh Joga said Thursday that a case has been registered.
- Child strangled for gold earrings in Bengal - May 16, 2012
- Two women help arrest four criminals in Lucknow - Mar 01, 2012
- Engineer robbed in Noida - Oct 22, 2010
- Youth beaten to death in road rage incident - Dec 23, 2011
- Three held for looting passengers after offering lifts - Jan 20, 2011
- Conmen play cops in Goa, target tourists, women - May 08, 2012
- Delhi's bike-borne chain snatchers - targeting the vulnerable - Mar 30, 2011
- Robbers targeting people on two-wheelers held - Mar 30, 2011
- Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani catches fire, all safe (Lead) - Apr 18, 2011
- Robbers snatch Rs.5 lakh, victim retrieves money - Oct 03, 2011
- Youth shot dead in Delhi - May 21, 2011
- South Korean woman tourist robbed in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 19, 2011
- Couple arrested for murder of 65-year-old - Aug 16, 2011
- Four robbers held in Delhi - Mar 11, 2011
- Shop owner robbed of Rs.3.5 lakh at gunpoint - Jul 28, 2010