Madhuri’s ‘Gulab Gang’ goes on floors in OctoberAugust 9th, 2012 - 5:22 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 9 (IANS) The shooting of Madhuri Dixit’s comeback film “Gulab Gang”, the production debut of director Anubhav Sinha, will begin in October. Since the movie is all about women’s power, the filmmaker hopes to wrap it up in time to release it on International Women’s Day in 2013.
“I’m very excited about ‘Gulab Gang’. I’m hoping to release the film on March 8, 2013 on International Women’s Day. The film will go on floors in October,” Sinha told IANS.
All actors have been finalised for the projects, and the names are expected to be announced within the next 10 days.
The film is about a gang of women fighting social injustice. Sinha, who has directed films like “Tum Bin”, “Tathastu” and “RA.One”, says “all women are in place”.
“For the leading man, we are not looking at a headline name in this film. There are so many women that my director (Soumik Sen) is going to die. There are 51 characters in the film to be cast and maximum are women,” he added.
If rumours are to be believed, Madhuri has demanded a few changes in the film’s script, but Sinha says he is amused.
“I heard Madhuri is changing the script and all. Madhuri has been part of this project for a year and a half now. We are way ahead now and are discussing her make-up, costumes… so we have moved on to that space. In two months, the film will be rolling.
“Madhuri is a darling, she is a sweetheart. She doesn’t have to do this. If she wants to write a script, she will write her own. I am amused,” he said.
Madhuri, last seen on the big screen in “Aaja Nachle” in 2007, first took a break from showbiz when she married US-based surgeon Sriram Nene and shifted to Denver from Mumbai to start a family. Now she is back in tinsel town, and currently judges celebrity participants on dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5″.
For “Gulab Gang”, which is set in rural India, Maduri will go de-glam for it.
“It’s a film based in the rural part of India. So it can’t be glamorous. It will be as natural as possible,” said Sinha, who is also excited about the film’s music and set design.
“We will have seven songs in the film,” he said.
- 'Gulab Gang' shooting to start in October - Sep 02, 2012
- Bollywood has no dancing style of its own: Madhuri Dixit (Interview)(With images) - Jun 22, 2012
- Madhuri's fans name a star after her - Jun 17, 2012
- Madhuri Dixit signs Anubhav Sinha's next movie - Apr 27, 2012
- Madhuri Dixit looking for challenges - May 06, 2012
- Bollywood beckons its married heroines - May 02, 2012
- Avoid link-ups, says Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - May 03, 2012
- Back in Mumbai mid-October: Madhuri - Sep 21, 2011
- Madhuri in disguise at Taj (Movie Snippet) (With Image) - Jul 08, 2012
- We're relocating to India: Madhuri Dixit - Sep 18, 2011
- I don't regret failure of any film: Madhuri Dixit (Interview) - Nov 27, 2010
- Madhuri to launch her official site - Jan 31, 2012
- 'Dedh Ishqiya' shoot to begin September (Movie Snippets) - May 09, 2012
- Madhuri Dixit to be immortalised in wax - Jan 05, 2012
- Mom, you are a star!, Madhuri's kids realize - Feb 13, 2011
Tags: celebrity participants, comeback film, darling, filmmaker, glam, gulab, international women, jaa, leading man, madhuri dixit, maduri, mumbai, nene, production debut, reality show, showbiz, social injustice, sweetheart, tathastu, tinsel town