Lyon to fine tune skills with Warne ahead of Adelaide TestJanuary 18th, 2012 - 8:35 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, Jan 18 (IANS) Australian spinner Nathan Lyon will be taking tips from spin wizard Shane Warne as he gears up for the fourth and the final Test against India at his home ground Adelaide Oval from Tuesday.
Lyon, who will be playing a Test match at his home ground for the first time, knows it will be big challenge against the Indian batsmen on a turning track in Adelaide.
The 24-year-old missed the last Test in Perth, where Australia fielded a four-man pace attack.
The Herald Sun reported that Lyon will use a private meeting with Warne in Melbourne Thursday night to fine-tune his tactics ahead of a fourth Test.
“I have a good feeling about Thursday. Hopefully I will be able to have a good chat with Shane after the game about a few different things,” Lyon said. “I am looking forward to going up against the best in the world.”
“It has probably been the biggest challenge of my life and something I have really taken on board,” said Lyon. “It will really make me a better player after all.”
Warne had earlier worked with Lyon during May 2010 at the National Centre of Excellence while the off-spinner was still working hard in Canberra grade cricket.
- Australia retain squad for Adelaide Test - Jan 17, 2012
- Bowling to Indians a great challenge, says Lyon - Jan 22, 2012
- Retain me for Adelaide Test: Harris pleads with team management - Jan 18, 2012
- Australia bat in fourth Test - Jan 24, 2012
- Australia may unleash Harris on a bouncy WACA track - Jan 05, 2012
- Sehwag will inject some life in Indian team: Akram - Jan 23, 2012
- WACA curator predicts bouncy Perth track - Jan 09, 2012
- Anything less than a whitewash will be sad: Clarke - Jan 22, 2012
- Conditions in Adelaide will suit Indians better: Clarke - Jan 23, 2012
- Warne backs Wade as Haddin's successor - Jan 18, 2012
- India loses Adelaide Test -- another 0-4 whitewash (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Sammy's fireworks rattled Aussies, says Clarke - Apr 21, 2012
- Australia's search for match-winning spinner is over: Hughes - Feb 15, 2011
- Lyon becomes international off-spinner from a groundsman - Jul 26, 2011
- India can take heart from their record at Adelaide Oval (Preview) - Jan 23, 2012
Tags: adelaide oval, canberra, centre of excellence, different things, final test, fine tune, gears, grade cricket, herald sun, indian batsmen, last test, lyon, melbourne, pace attack, perth, shane, spinner, test match, thursday night, warne