Luis Fabiano leads Sao Paulo to victoryMarch 12th, 2012 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, March 12 (IANS) Sao Paulo came from behind to win 2-1 at home against Portuguesa in the 13th round of the Sao Paulo state championship.
Sao Paulo fans celebrated the return of former Sevilla striker, Luis Fabiano to the Morumbi stadium after spending more than a month on the sidelines due to a thigh injury, Xinhua reported.
Portuguesa scored the game’s first goal in the 48th minute when Ricardo Jesus headed the ball past keeper Denis.
Sao Paulo responded instantly and tied the match in the 50th minute when Jadson expertly drove the ball past keeper Weverton into the upper right corner of the goal.
Fabiano gave his team the lead in the 71st minute after firing the ball past a helpless Weverton in Portuguesa goal.
The win takes Sao Paulo to the third place in the state tournament with 28 points. Corinthians are in first place with 30 points ahead of Palmeiras by a single point.
- Ronaldinho's Atletico falters, Vasco stays top - Jun 18, 2012
- Sao Paulo win thriller against Santos - Mar 19, 2012
- Sao Paulo secures lead of state championship - Mar 30, 2012
- Palmeiras thrash Botafogo-SP 6-2 - Mar 12, 2012
- Fabiano enters Sao Paulo's injury list - Jan 30, 2012
- Palmeiras draw with Oeste, drop in standings - Feb 24, 2012
- Striker Fabiano recalled to Brazil squad - Sep 12, 2012
- Santos' seven-game winning streak ends - Mar 11, 2012
- Corinthians come from behind, Santos draw in season opener - Jan 22, 2012
- Neymar hat-trick gives Santos emphatic win - Mar 30, 2012
- Luis Fabiano's regret revealed - Mar 25, 2012
- Neymar scores 100th career goal on birthday - Feb 06, 2012
- Palmeiras lead Sao Paulo state championship - Mar 18, 2012
- Former Brazil star Dida considers comeback - May 23, 2012
- Corinthians win record eighth Sao Paulo Juniors Cup - Jan 26, 2012