Lucknow to host international conference of chief justicesDecember 5th, 2008 - 9:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 5 (IANS) Over 250 chief justices, judges of the Supreme Court, legal luminaries and representatives of peace organisations of no less than 84 countries would take part in the 9th International Conference of Chief Justices of the World to be held in Lucknow next week.The four-day conference starting Dec 12 is organised by City Montessori School (CMS) Lucknow. It would take place at World Unity Convention Centre at CMS in Lucknow.
“CMS organises the conference year after year with an aim to build a strong base and massive support for strengthening the United Nations and International Court of Justice,” Justice A.S. Qureshi, former judge of the Gujarat High Court and chairman of the reception committee of International Chief Justice’s Conference, told reporters here.
“It can prevent world wars, resolve international conflicts, win over terrorism, disarmament, environmental protection, maintain peace and order and establish international law and a powerful world judiciary,” Qureshi said.
- Delhi to host international conference of top jurists - Dec 09, 2009
- NC, PDP mourn death of judge who got Mufti's daughter freed - Jan 09, 2012
- Respect judicial independence, Kapadia tells government. - Aug 15, 2012
- Do not encroach upon others' domain, Kapadia cautions judges (Lead) - Nov 26, 2011
- Mauritius president stresses India's way - Dec 03, 2009
- Sonia Gandhi appeals for peace following Ayodhya verdict - Sep 29, 2010
- India's Dalveer Bhandari elected as World Court judge (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Respect judicial independence, Kapadia tells government (Lead) - Aug 15, 2012
- Indians take Ayodhya verdict in positive spirit, as political leaders appeal for peace - Sep 30, 2010
- Supreme Court urged to review gay ruling - Jul 04, 2009
- India's Dalveer Bhandari elected to World Court - Apr 27, 2012
- India to renew pitch for nuclear disarmament - Aug 19, 2012
- Ayodhya Verdict widely approved - Sep 30, 2010
- Justice Mahesh Mittal Kumar sworn-in as J&K; chief justice - Jun 08, 2012
- Packed calendar for Krishna at 56th UNGA in New York - Sep 22, 2010