Lucknow, three more Uttar Pradesh cities to get new mallsNovember 12th, 2008 - 5:51 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 12 (IANS) Real estate developer Big Apple will invest Rs.10 billion to develop shopping malls in four cities in Uttar Pradesh, including the state capital, the company said here Wednesday.”Our first shopping mall, Phoenix United, will come up in Lucknow by June 2009,” company director Priyank Tayal told reporters. “It will have an area of 575,000 square feet, the biggest in this part of the state.”
Similar malls will also come up in Varanasi, Agra and Bareilly in the next three years, he said.
The total development plan of over approximately 4.5 million square feet will involve an investment of over Rs.10 billion, Tayal said.
“We are proud to announce that the mall in Lucknow will be the first to have a six-screen multiplex in this region besides a nightclub,” he added.
Currently, there are four shopping malls in Lucknow that have come up in the past five years.
While Kanpur has three malls, Allahabad, Varanasi and Meerut have one each. Two more are going to open shortly in Varanasi.
- Master plan of Kerala Technocity ready - Aug 17, 2012
- Security beefed up in Uttar Pradesh for Barawafat festival - Feb 15, 2011
- Shutdown cripples normal life in UP - Sep 20, 2012
- Alert sounded in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 02, 2012
- UP traders claim bandh a success, to keep up protests (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Lanco Hills launches Lanco Domina - Jul 02, 2012
- Indo-Israeli JV launches Hyderabad housing project's second phase - Nov 10, 2011
- Public sector banks to disburse Rs.6 lakh crore farm loans: Chidambaram - Aug 25, 2012
- With SP's return, Mulayam's pet projects return - Mar 07, 2012
- 70 IAS officials transferred in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 13, 2012
- Anti-human trafficking cell opens in Ghaziabad - Jun 13, 2011
- Income tax raid unearths 7,000 kg onion - Jan 07, 2011
- Match screening allowed, Lucknow fans throng theatres - Apr 02, 2011
- Tough year for realty, no respite seen in short-run (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 29, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh shivers as mercury plummets - Dec 19, 2011