Lucknow ex-medical officer gets bail in jail death caseAugust 29th, 2011 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 29 (IANS) The Allahabad High Court Monday granted bail to A.K. Shukla, former Lucknow chief medical officer, in connection with the death of his former deputy Y.S. Sachan in a jail here in June.
Sachan was found dead in mysterious circumstances inside a toilet of the Lucknow district jail hospital June 22.
The bail to Shukla was granted by Justice Ashwini Kumar Singh of the Lucknow bench of the high court after hearing Shukla’s counsel Rishad Murtaza.
Sachan landed in prison as a key suspect in the killing of yet another chief medical officer, B.P. Singh, following the exposure of an alleged multi-crore-rupee scandal in the central government-funded National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).
Shukla told the court that he was not even holding charge of the NRHM scheme whose funds were allegedly misused during the period mentioned in the police complaint.
- NRHM scam: CBI registers cases against two officials - Aug 04, 2011
- Ready to face jail death probe: Uttar Pradesh official - Jun 28, 2011
- CBI to probe Uttar Pradesh medical officers' killings - Jul 27, 2011
- Supreme Court to hear Sachan death case Friday - Jul 07, 2011
- NRHM scam: CBI arrests ex-CMO in Lucknow - May 07, 2012
- Five suspended for medical officer's death in jail (Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
- Dead medical officer's kin demands CBI probe, opposition cries foul - Jun 23, 2011
- Court rejects plea for CBI probe; Doctor cremated (Roundup) - Jun 24, 2011
- Medical officer's death sparks protests in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 23, 2011
- Doctor's death in jail: Family moves Supreme Court (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Court rejects CBI probe plea in medical officer's death - Jun 24, 2011
- Lucknow jail death: Apex court favours independent probe (Lead) - Jul 08, 2011
- CBI begins probe in Sachan death - Jul 15, 2011
- Samajwadi Party demands Mayawati's dismissal - Jun 25, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh jail death: Family plans legal action - Jun 24, 2011
Tags: allahabad high court, ashwini, b p singh, bench, central government, death case, district jail, lucknow district, medical officer, mysterious circumstances, national rural health, national rural health mission, nrhm, police complaint, rupee, scandal, shukla, toilet