Lucknow doctor set to lecture surgeons in PakistanMarch 17th, 2012 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 17 (IANS) In a first, a Lucknow-based city suregon has been invited to deliver a series of lectures on surgery in Pakistan.
The invite has been sent by Dr. Abdul Aziz Laghari, professor and surgeon from the Pakistan chapter of the South Asian surgeons’ body, the SAARC Surgical Care Society.
Confirming the invite, eminent city doctor Professor Rama Kant told IANS: “If all goes well, I will be in Pakistan by this month-end.”
The surgeon would be delivering a lecture at the Liaqat Ali University in Karachi on March 30-31 on ‘latest advancements in the management of ano-rectal problems’.
Another meet is scheduled at Lahore where Dr Rama Kant is slotted to address Pakistani surgeons on “evolution through innovation” and talk on ’surgical management of complications of pulmonary tuberculosis’
Besides Karachi and Lahore, Kant will also address a meet at Jamshoro town in Sindh province.
The agenda, Rama Kant says is to “learn from each other and share the giant strides technology has taken in surgery”. He is happy that “such exchange of medical activities and innovations” was taking place across the border.
A former head of the Surgery department at Lucknow’s King George’s Medical College, Dr Rama Kant was recently nominated vice-president of the SAARC Surgical Care Society.
The SAARC Surgical Care Society, presently head quartered in Sri Lanka is an extensive body that connects surgeons across the SAARC countries - Afghanistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, the Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka. It has a strength of 40,000-plus surgeons, the majority of them coming from India. Pakistan adds up to about 800-plus surgeons in the body.
- Experts sound alarm on diabetic foot - Apr 11, 2010
- CSMMU Surgery Department celebrates its foundation day - Jan 15, 2010
- Don't always have your noses up. Look down at your feet too! - Apr 14, 2010
- Globally-acclaimed Surgeon Prof Rama Kant now on SRNT Treatment Committee - Sep 27, 2009
- Malaysian surgeons to learn piles management from Prof Rama Kant - May 27, 2009
- Indian doctor head of Asian bariatric surgical society - Oct 23, 2010
- Third world congress of pediatric surgery in India - Oct 07, 2010
- Keyhole bowel cancer surgery is safe and effective: Study - Nov 05, 2010
- Interactive robots to improve personalized orthopaedic surgeries - Oct 12, 2010
- Now, skill development lab for surgeons in India - Oct 18, 2011
- World Environment Day (WED 2010): Smoke-free environment is a right - Jun 05, 2010
- 'South Asia key to future medical innovation' - Dec 20, 2010
- Rare surgery saves 12-day-old infant in Punjab - Sep 21, 2011
- Oz reality show pits brides against each other for plastic surgery makeover - Jan 19, 2011
- Seven killed in Pakistan accident - May 29, 2011
Tags: abdul aziz, college dr, doctor professor, giant strides, india pakistan, kant, laghari, lahore, march 17, medical activities, medical college, pakistan chapter, pulmonary tuberculosis, rama, rectal problems, saarc countries, south asian, surgery department, surgical management, university in karachi