Lucknow couple to tie the knot in hot air balloonFebruary 18th, 2009 - 1:52 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Feb 18 (IANS) Marriages are said to be made in heaven and it will get a bit closer to that in the case of this Lucknow-based couple set to solemnise their wedding in a hot air balloon.
Dev Prashant, a resident of the LDA colony here, has hired the services of the Sky Aerospace Club, Uttar Pradesh for his marriage Feb 26.
“The couple will tie the knot in a hot air balloon,” captain R.P. Sen of the club told IANS Wednesday.
“The chanting of hymns and the vermilion ceremony will take place in the bucket of the hot air balloon that will carry a priest along with the pilot and the couple,” Sen added.
“All formalities have been completed for the marriage ceremony with a difference. “We have just got permission from Air Traffic Control (ATC) of the Amausi airport here,” said a club official.
Arrangements have been made for the guests to watch the marriage on an LCD projector.
The hot air balloon will take off from the Ramlila ground in Aishbagh locality.
According to officials, nearly Rs.100,000 would be spent on the special wedding.
- Lucknow couple tie the knot in hot air balloon - Feb 27, 2009
- Japanese couple weds Hindu style in Bodh Gaya - Sep 24, 2010
- On cloud nine: Couple gets engaged on hot air balloon - Jan 22, 2011
- 126 couples in Bengal tie knot at mass wedding - Jul 01, 2012
- In Holy Varanasi, Get frogs married, pray for rain ! - Jun 24, 2010
- (After 12) Cash registers jingle as foreigners wed in Rajasthan - Nov 02, 2010
- 400 couples wed on 11.11.11 in Kuala Lumpur temple - Nov 11, 2011
- Gay couple in UP on run after marrying - Apr 13, 2012
- Ramlila with a quiz show and prizes! - Oct 05, 2011
- From translation screens to ACs, gurdwaras go hi-tech (Feature) - May 02, 2012
- Marriage made in heaven, solemnised in police station - Mar 11, 2010
- Court marriages on the rise in Islamabad - Aug 08, 2011
- 11 killed in New Zealand hot air balloon crash - Jan 07, 2012
- Cricketer Ashwin ties knot - Nov 13, 2011
- A proposal, a shock and a ballooning story - Jun 08, 2012