L&T studying permission given to Satyam to get strategic investorFebruary 20th, 2009 - 3:48 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 20 (IANS) Infrastructure and construction major Larsen and Toubro (L&T) Friday said it was studying the go-ahead given to scam-hit Satyam Computer Services to rope in a strategic investor with a combination of fresh equity and an open offer to shareholders. L&T is now the largest shareholder in Satyam.
“We are studying details of the Company Law Board (CLB) order,” L&T chairman A.M. Naik told reporters here referring to the permission given to Satyam to make an open offer for a strategic partner.
“Only after studying the details will we take a decision,” said Naik, whose company holds 12 percent in the Hyderabad-based IT services giant, making L&T the largest shareholder.
Satyam’s woes seemed to be easing with the CLB allowing it to bring in a strategic investor Thursday and permitting it to raise its authorised equity capital to Rs.1.4 billion from Rs.800 million.
Naik added that the scenario had changed at Satyam with the company having lost “lots of customers” and “key employees” leaving.
The IT behemoth has been fighting to stay afloat ever since founder and former chairman B. Ramalinga Raju confessed to forging books of accounts for years and overstating profits.
- L&T to wait for opportune time to sell Satyam stake - Aug 12, 2009
- K. Venkataramanan new managing director of L&T; - Mar 09, 2012
- GVK to buy Siemens' Bangalore airport stake - Aug 22, 2011
- Mahindra, L&T among contenders for Satyam (Roundup) - Mar 12, 2009
- 'L&T; to help in Bengal's rebuilding and reconstruction' - Jun 07, 2011
- L&T; planning private equity fund after IPO - Jul 25, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam, Tech Mahindra merger likely in 8-9 months - Apr 24, 2012
- Tech Mahindra wins bid for Satyam Computer - Apr 13, 2009
- Tech Mahindra gets control of Satyam Computer Services (Lead) - Apr 13, 2009
- $10m US settlement in firm's interest, says Mahindra Satyam - Apr 06, 2011
- Satyam's new owner likely to be known Monday - Apr 12, 2009
- Satyam informs market regulator on bidding process - Mar 25, 2009
- Larsen and Toubro acquires British firm Thalest - Apr 05, 2012
- Tech Mahindra, Mahindra Satyam to merge (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Satyam gets strategic investor, fresh lease of life (Roundup) - Apr 13, 2009