L&T profit jumps 215 percentJanuary 30th, 2009 - 4:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 30 (IANS) Construction and engineering giant Larsen and Toubro (L&T) posted a 215.5 percent jump in its quarterly profit, primarily riding on the income from the sale of its ready-mix concrete (RMC) business.The company filed a net profit of Rs.15.2 billion (Rs.1,520.44 crore/$338.75 million) for the third quarter of 2008-09, as against Rs.4.81 billion during the same period last fiscal.
The company had sold the RMC business to French major Lafarge for Rs.14.8 billion ($328.9 million) last May.
The 70-year-old company, which has interests in electrical equipment and machinery and industrial products apart from its core business, posted a 34.6 percent growth in net income, with sales rising from Rs.63.82 billion in the third quarter of 2007-08 to Rs.86.99 billion in the quarter under review.
In the segmented results posted by the company, only its engineering and construction business managed to remain profitable with 39.84 percent growth in its profit before tax, while the electrical and industrial products business suffered a 29.41 percent and 42.73 percent slump in profit.
- Bosch India net up 31 percent in 2011 - Feb 28, 2012
- Reliance Infrastructure reports decline in Q1 profits - Aug 14, 2012
- Wipro battles to grow in volatile market (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Wipro net up by one percent in first quarter - Jul 20, 2011
- BHEL quarterly net profit rises 13 percent - Jul 26, 2012
- Intel quarterly profit drops - Apr 18, 2012
- Carborundum Universal net down by 31 percent - Aug 07, 2012
- Biocon net marginally down in fiscal 2012 - Apr 27, 2012
- Allahabad Bank Q1 net profit jumps 23 percent - Jul 30, 2012
- Allahabad Bank Q2 net up 20.68 percent - Oct 21, 2010
- RIL profit falls 13.55 percent, to buy back shares - Jan 20, 2012
- Power Grid's third quarter profit up 21.18 percent - Feb 08, 2011
- Reliance Capital nets 329 crore profit in Jan-March quarter - May 19, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki quarterly net profit declines 23 percent - Jul 28, 2012