Lt. Gen. S.K Singh to be next army vice chiefOctober 10th, 2011 - 11:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 10 (IANS) Lt. Gen. Sri Krishna Singh, Indian Army’s senior-most officer from the Gorkha Rifles, was Monday named as the next army vice chief.
Lt. Gen. Singh, who at present is the commander of the Jaipur-based South-Western Command, will take over Nov 1 from incumbent Lt. Gen. Avtar Singh Lamba after his superannuation, the army headquarters said here.
Singh’s place at the South-Western Command will be taken by Lt. Gen. Gyan Bhushan, who is now the commander the Tezpur-based 4 Corps.
Lt. Gen. Singh was commissioned in December 1972 in 8 Gorkha Rifles and has participated in a number of operations, including the Indian Peace-keeping Force (IPKF) deployment in Operation Pawan in Sri Lanka, Operation Rakshak in Punjab, Operation Raksham in Jammu and Kashmir. Besides he has commanded a brigade in Siachen Glacier in Operation Meghdoot.
He was the commander of an infantry division on the Line of Control with Pakistan and of a Corps in high altitude areas of Jammu and Kashmir.
Lt. Gen. Gyan Bhushan has, prior to taking over command of 4 Corps, headed the Indian military training establishment in Bhutan.
He has previously commanded a brigade and a division.
- Lt. Gen. S.K. Singh is new army vice chief - Nov 01, 2011
- New military secretary takes over - Feb 01, 2010
- Lt. Gen. Campose is 12 Corps commander - Jun 06, 2011
- Army chief meets Rajasthan chief minister - Aug 01, 2012
- Lt General Nair takes charge as Military Secretary - Feb 01, 2010
- Last veteran of 1971 war Gen. Ghosh retires - May 31, 2012
- Army chief visits Srinagar - Mar 28, 2012
- Assam Rifles gets new chief - Aug 24, 2012
- Lt. Gen. Halgali is new deputy chief of Indian Army - Feb 13, 2012
- New NDA commandant takes over - Aug 08, 2012
- India celebrates 63rd Republic Day - Jan 26, 2012
- Army chief visits Ladakh - Nov 05, 2011
- Indian Army chief-designate conferred medal for distinguished service - Apr 17, 2012
- Indian Army team wins gold at World patrol meet - Nov 07, 2011
- Pakistan war-gaming to counter India's military plan - Jun 05, 2011
Tags: army headquarters, avtar singh, bhushan, gorkha rifles, gyan, indian army, indian peace, infantry division, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, krishna singh, lamba, military training, pawan, peace keeping force, rakshak, sri krishna, superannuation, tezpur, vice chief