Lovers commit suicide in Greater NoidaApril 6th, 2010 - 11:00 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, April 6 (IANS) A 22-year-old youth and a 19-year-old girl, who were in a relationship and belonged to the same gotra (clan), committed suicide by consuming insecticide here, police Tuesday said.
“Sanjeev Singh alias Titu and Anjali committed suicide by consuming insecticide. The two were found dead in the morning around 7.30 a.m.,” station officer (Jehangirpur) Sunil Dutt said.
“The two were in a relationship for quite long,” Dutt added.
“Sanjeev and Anjali went to his wheat grain field and seem to have consumed the poison meant for killing insects. Froth was emerging from their mouths when the bodies were found,” he said.
Around 7.30 a.m., the villagers saw the bodies lying in the field and informed the police.
Both Sanjeev and Anjali belonged to Jaat community and their families were into farming. The boy’s family was opposed to the marriage, police said.
Sources in the Chak village said the families of both the boy and girl belonged to the same gotra (clan or lineage) and this could be the reason for their reluctance to accept their relationship.
“We have taken the bodies for post-mortem examination and are investigating the matter,” Dutt said.
- IAF group captain held over suicide of sacked woman officer - Sep 12, 2011
- Boy elopes with girl, khap orders attack on kin - Aug 23, 2011
- Rajasthan girl killed, lover critical in suicide pact - Jun 27, 2012
- Eloped couple's bodies found on railway track - Jan 05, 2011
- Body of BBA student found in pieces in Delhi - Sep 03, 2012
- Haryana panchayat directs couple to annul marriage - May 18, 2010
- Couple found dead in Haryana, police suspect honour killing - Jul 04, 2010
- Two girl students commit suicide in Bengal - Mar 06, 2011
- Man, mother commit suicide - Dec 11, 2011
- Five of family die after drinking poisoned tea - Sep 26, 2011
- Panchayat ousts newly-weds from village in gotra row - Feb 03, 2010
- Eloping couple commit suicide in Rajasthan - Aug 11, 2012
- Haryana khap asks couple to end marriage, probe on - Apr 20, 2011
- Father-son commit suicide in Amritsar - Sep 21, 2011
- Parallel police, IAF probes in sacked woman officer's suicide - Sep 13, 2011
Tags: alias, committed suicide, froth, gotra, grain field, insecticide, insects, lineage, m station, marriage, mortem examination, mouths, old girl, poison, post mortem, reluctance, sanjeev singh, sunil dutt, titu, wheat grain