Love story goes awry; woman killed, man injuredFebruary 25th, 2009 - 11:14 pm ICT by IANS
Garhshankar (Punjab), Feb 25 (IANS) The love story of a young couple belonging to different communities went horribly wrong when unidentified assailants murdered the woman and seriously injured the man, police said Wednesday.
According to the police, Suman Devi, 21, of the Gujjar community and Ashok Kumar, 24, of the Rajput community had eloped from their homes in Pandori village in Hoshiarpur district Tuesday evening.
They were in love and wanted to get married but their families were against the union.
Suman’s parents had fixed her marriage Saturday with a boy from their own community, police said.
“Ashok called his father Wednesday afternoon to say he had been attacked near the fields in the village. On reaching the spot, his parents found him lying unconscious in a pool of blood. Suman’s dead body was also lying next to him,” said a police official.
“We immediately admitted him to a nearby hospital. In the meantime, police have registered a case against unidentified attackers and have started investigations,” the official added.
- Youth murdered by ex-lover's father - Jan 26, 2012
- Boy elopes with girl, khap orders attack on kin - Aug 23, 2011
- Delhi legislator shot, stable (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Elderly couple murdered in Punjab town - Feb 20, 2012
- Now another vop leaves Uttar Pradesh Police red-faced - May 21, 2012
- Man beaten to death in Bihar for eloping - Sep 12, 2012
- DTC bus driver gunned down - Oct 06, 2011
- Couple kills children, commits suicide - Jun 02, 2011
- Girls' school blown up in Pakistan - Jun 01, 2012
- Elderly man beaten to death in Rajasthan - Aug 11, 2011
- Six policemen killed in Russia attack - Sep 06, 2012
- Two people found dead - Dec 03, 2011
- Minor raped, thrown on rail line - Feb 25, 2012
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- Parents chop off girl's nose over her love marriage - Apr 22, 2011