Loopholes in police theory on Noida double murderMay 24th, 2008 - 12:17 am ICT by admin
Noida, May 23 (IANS) Despite the police’s claim of having cracked the gruesome Noida double murder with the arrest of dentist Rajesh Talwar, several pertinent questions remain unanswered, pointing to apparent shortcomings in the investigations. The police theory that Talwar was the murderer of his 14-year-old daughter Aarushi and their domestic aide Hemraj, is full of contradictions.
Firstly, Inspector General of Uttar Pradesh police Gurdarshan Singh could not explain the sequence of the murders and even took the name of the dead girl, wrongly as “Shruti”.
He was immediately corrected by the media persons present at the conference room.
Singh could also not answer reporters queries on why Talwar committed the two murders. He did not provide any evidence to substantiate the police claims. Thursday, a senior police official had categorically said that one of the murders was planned and the other was unintentional.
The police have even failed to recover the weapon - a hammer and a surgical instrument - used in the crime, though they have arrested the main accused, Talwar.
Police said Talwar took Hemraj to the terrace on the pretext of speaking to him. Where then did he find the weapons to kill him, including the surgical instrument? Were they kept in the servant’s room?.
There was also no explanation of the role of Talwar’s wife, Nupur. What was she doing at the time of the murders. She was in her room during the entire time - the intervening night of May 15-16 - when the murders were committed.
If she was present, why did she not stop her husband? Was she just an accomplice to the murders?
What was the role of Anita Durrani, the woman doctor said to be in an alleged relationship with Talwar?
Police also failed to explain whether Hemraj and Aarushi were drugged before being killed.
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Aarushi case: Police expert fails to explain finger printing - Jun 29, 2012
- Painter refutes CBI claim in Aarushi murder case - Aug 31, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi murder scene photos flawed: Defence - Jul 02, 2012
- SC directs Nupur Talwar to surrender in court - Apr 27, 2012
- Nupur Talwar surrenders before court - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi murder: CBI slammed for closure when evidence points to parents - Feb 10, 2011
- Under fire, CBI blames police for failing to find Aarushi killers - Jan 02, 2011
- Hemraj's wife moves court saying Talwars killed him - Mar 26, 2011
- Aarushi case: Defence counters CBI on seized pillow - Aug 29, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Talwars charged with Aarushi, Hemraj murders (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Gate of Talwars' flat was locked from outside: Maid - Sep 03, 2012