Lokpal house panel meet unlikely WednesdaySeptember 6th, 2011 - 10:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) The parliamentary standing committee examining the Lokpal bill is unlikely to meet Wednesday as the process of its reconstitution is still on, panel head Abhishek Manu Singhvi said.
Activist Aruna Roy and Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) director A.P. Singh had been expected to make a presentation before the panel Wednesday.
The Congress’ Singhvi, who heads the standing committee on personnel, public grievances, law and justice, said that he was awaiting a notification on the formation of the committee till Tuesday evening so as to go ahead with Wednesday’s meeting.
The committee was constituted Aug 31 last year.
Singhvi is expected to head reconstituted committee as the Congress has decided to renominate all its members on the panel.
Singhvi became chairman of the panel two months back when Jayanthi Natarajan joined the cabinet as a minister.
Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari, who wanted to leave the panel, has also been renominated. Tewari had faced criticism from civil society members after he said activist Anna Hazare was corrupt from “head to toe”. He later apologised for his comment.
- Singhvi declines comment on Tewari's withdrawal - Aug 31, 2011
- Lokpal panel to hear CVC, Aruna Roy - Sep 22, 2011
- Tewari wants to quit Standing Committee on Lokpal - Aug 31, 2011
- Lokpal panel to meet Sep 7 to decide on time limit: Singhvi - Aug 29, 2011
- Hazare put no deadline for house panel, says Tewari - Aug 11, 2011
- Anna to meet parliamentary panel, says Lokpal Bill eyewash (Lead) - Aug 10, 2011
- Lokpal panel hears Aruna Roy - Sep 23, 2011
- 'Lokpal panel for CBI, CVC autonomy but undecided on including PM' - Nov 24, 2011
- Team Anna to meet government panel on Lokpal - Aug 10, 2011
- Lokpal panel should be allowed to do good job: Singhvi - Oct 04, 2011
- Lokpal panel likely to finalise report Nov 30 - Nov 28, 2011
- Fasting Anna ready for talks, but on his Lokpal (Evening Lead) - Aug 21, 2011
- Lokpal panel plans report during winter session - Nov 08, 2011
- Lokpal panel hears CVC, CBI chief - Oct 01, 2011
- Wrong to put timelines for Lokpal panel: Singhvi (Lead) - Nov 08, 2011
Tags: activist, anna hazare, cbi, central bureau of investigation, congress, jayanthi, law and justice, manish, manu, natarajan, New Delhi, parliamentary standing committee, public grievances, reconstitution, society members, spokesperson, tewari, tuesday evening