Lokpal Bill: Civil society members to declare assets FridayApril 14th, 2011 - 9:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 14 (IANS) Two days before deliberations on the anti-graft Lokpal Bill are set to begin, NGO India Against Corruption (IAC) Thursday said the civil society members in the joint drafting committee will declare their assets and liabilities Friday.
The NGO also released details of donations and expenditure during Gandhian Anna Hazare’s anti-graft campaign that culminated in the government agreeing to establish the joint drafting committee.
“We have received a total donation amounting to Rs.82,87,668. We have issued receipts to all the donors and have maintained a record of their details,” IAC said in a statement.
It said Rs.50,17,768 were spent and receipts were issued to the Public Cause Research Foundation, which is acting as the secretariat for the campaign.
Meanwhile, Hazare appealed to people to stay united in the fight for a corruption-free future.
“My indefinite fast was meant to be a satyagraha of the people of India to liberate ourselves from a monstrously corrupt system of governance,” he said.
According to the statement, activist Mallika Sarabhai reaffirmed her faith in the campaign.
“I am totally with Anna Hazare in his commitment to weed out corruption,” she said.
The joint committee, comprising five ministers and civil society members each, set up to draft the Lokpal Bill will hold its first meeting here Saturday.
- Lokpal Bill: Civil society members to declare assets Friday (Lead) - Apr 14, 2011
- Why target politicians? - Digvijay asks activists - Apr 16, 2011
- Civil society activists to declare assets - Apr 15, 2011
- Indians continue to support Hazare through SMSes - Apr 26, 2011
- Over Rs.2.6 lakh donated during Anna's fast - Jun 08, 2011
- Team Anna dismisses Agnivesh's allegations - Oct 24, 2011
- No permission yet to Team Anna : MCD - Nov 29, 2011
- 'We are united', reiterates Team Anna; visits Hazare (Lead) - Oct 30, 2011
- Anna Hazare on fast unto death against corruption - Apr 05, 2011
- Hazare warns of another fast, government says no reason (Roundup) - Nov 01, 2011
- BJP wants stringent Lokpal Bill - Apr 08, 2011
- Team Anna ends fast, spells out political alternative (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Lokpal Bill row: BJP asks Govt. not to make a 'prestige issue' - Apr 05, 2011
- Hundreds join car rally for Lokpal - Dec 04, 2011
- Congress terms Hazare's indefinite fast as premature - Apr 05, 2011
Tags: activist, anna hazare, anti graft, april 14, assets and liabilities, corrupt system, corruption, deliberations, donors, drafting committee, first meeting, gandhian, joint committee, New Delhi, ngo, receipts, research foundation, satyagraha, secretariat, society members