Lokayukta raids continue in Madhya PradeshJanuary 19th, 2012 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Jan 19 (IANS) Continuing with its raids, the Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta Thursday unearthed Rs.44 lakh cash from one government official and Rs.50 lakh worth ornaments from another official. The two officials have numerous properties in the state, the anti-corruption sleuths said.
Anti-corruption sleuths conducted searches against two officers - B.P. Bharke, district excise officer posted in Khandwa, and S.P. Soni, sub-engineer in minor irrigation department in Mandla.
Soni’s premises in Khandwa, Indore, Hoshangabad and Mandla were raided. Bharke, who is district excise officer posted in Khandwa, has houses in Hoshangabad and Indore too.
“The land related document found from Bharke’s house shows that he has 100 acres ancestral land in Hoshangabad, while he purchased 50 acres land in Raisen district. He has one plot in Indore’s Omex City and a house in Goyal Vihar,” Lokayukta officer S.S. Chouhan said.
Besides these plots, when Bharke’s bank lockers were opened Rs.44 lakh in cash was recovered.
The raid are still continuing in three premises of Bharke.
From Soni, a sub-engineer in minor irrigation department in Mandla, Lokayukta officials recovered Rs.50 lakh and gold ornaments, and found him in possession of a house and lands worth Rs.5 crore.
- Properties of Madhya Pradesh officials raided - Jan 17, 2012
- Rs.5 crore-worth assets seized from Madhya Pradesh sub-engineer - Dec 15, 2011
- Anti-corruption raids of officials yields crores - Jan 13, 2012
- A jail superintendent worth Rs.3 crores! - Mar 01, 2012
- A clerk who made Rs.30 crores! (Second Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- A clerk who made Rs.30 crores! (Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh engineer has Rs.10 crore assets - Jan 07, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh clerk's assets Rs 30 crores! - Dec 18, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh peon worth Rs.12 crore - Dec 08, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh official owns assets worth over Rs.12 crore - Dec 24, 2009
- Bureaucrats baffled by IAS couple's Rs.300 crore empire - Jan 19, 2011
- Chhattisgarh labour official has over Rs.20 mn assets - Jan 07, 2012
- Chhattisgarh officer faces anti-corruption raid - Jan 22, 2011
- Mayawati plotted land scam in Noida: Minister - Jun 15, 2012
- From peons to clerks, raids unveil Madhya Pradesh's millionaires - Jan 20, 2012
Tags: ancestral land, corruption, crore, engineer, excise officer, gold ornaments, government official, hoshangabad, indore, irrigation department, jan 19, khandwa, lockers, mandla, omex, possession, premises, rs 50, sleuths