Lokayukta denies naming Krishna in mining reportJuly 23rd, 2011 - 1:04 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, July 22 (IANS) Karnataka Lokayukta N. Santosh Hegde Friday denied he had named External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna, who was chief minister in 1999-2004, in his report on illegal mining in the state.
“I have not named former state chief ministers S.M. Krishna and N. Dharam Singh in the report,” he told reporters here reacting to some publications mentioning that Krishna has also been named in the report.
Hegde said his report “however, has a mention about the impropriety involved in de-reserving 11,620 sq km of forest area in the state for mining and allotment of mining leases to select firms in 2003 when Krishna was the chief minister.”
The Lokayukta in his December 2008 interim report on illegal mining had named Dharam Singh (Congress) who was chief minister in 2004-06.
Hegde is expected to submit the final report Monday though the gist of it has been leaked to the media. The report slams present Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa and four of his ministers, among others for the large scale illegal mining.
- Supreme Court relief for Krishna (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Supreme Court relief for Krishna - Jan 27, 2012
- Yeddyurappa unwilling to step down as opposition steps up pressure (Roundup) - Jul 23, 2011
- BJP, Congress sparring continues over Lokayuka report (Evening lead) - Jul 22, 2011
- Apex court to hear Krishna's plea Friday - Jan 26, 2012
- Krishna moves apex court against Lokayukta proceedings - Jan 24, 2012
- BJP demands Krishna's resignation over illegal mining - Dec 09, 2011
- Three Karnataka ex-CMs named in mining scam FIR - Dec 08, 2011
- Krishna moves high court to quash illegal mining case - Dec 09, 2011
- Illegal mining: Court allows probe of Krishna, Kumaraswamy's role (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Krishna terms mining scam charges 'unholy' bid to malign him - Dec 08, 2011
- Team Anna accuses Krishna of mining graft in Karnataka - May 29, 2012
- Politicians' illegal mining links leave Karnataka battered (Lead News Analysis) - Jul 22, 2011
- Krishna declines comment on court ruling against him - Jan 20, 2012
- Krishna abetted illegal mining in Karnataka: NGO - Jan 05, 2012
Tags: allotment, bangalore, chief minister, chief ministers, congress, dharam singh, external affairs minister, forest area, gist, impropriety, interim report, karnataka, krishna, mining leases, santosh, state chief