Lok Sabha officer goes missing on way to Uttar PradeshAugust 30th, 2011 - 10:17 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 30 (IANS) A hunt has been launched for a Lok Sabha official who is reported missing since after he boarded a train from Delhi to Jalaun district in Uttar Pradesh last week, railway police said Tuesday.
Janmesh Singh, who works as protocol officer in the Lok Sabha, left Delhi for Orai city in the Jalaun district Saturday to bring his mother for a surgery.
The last phone call he made was from a neighbourhood in Jhansi, railway police told IANS.
Inquiries made by the railway police revealed that Janmesh was dropped at Delhi’s Nizamuddin Railway Station by his wife Namrata, who was accompanied by family friend Atul Singh. Janmesh boarded the Sampark Kranti Express.
According to Additional Director General of Police (Railways) A.K. Jain: “Railway records have confirmed that he was on the train. Our investigating team is trying to get in touch with other passengers in his coach.”
- Lok Sabha employee missing - Sep 05, 2011
- Nine killed, 200 injured in dust storm in UP - Apr 12, 2012
- Western Railway cuts running time of 100 trains - Jun 28, 2012
- Chinese intruder escapes police custody - Sep 01, 2011
- Armed men loot train in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 18, 2010
- Police looking for Chinese man - Sep 02, 2011
- Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 13, 2012
- Two killed, 40 injured in Delhi Railway Station stampede - May 16, 2010
- Landslides disrupt Konkan Railway traffic - Jul 18, 2011
- Two killed as a train rams into truck - Mar 14, 2010
- Gang that drugged and robbed passengers caught - Jun 13, 2012
- Three forest guards run over by truck - Jul 27, 2011
- Plan panel steps in to tackle Bundelkhand's drought miseries - Sep 05, 2010
- Man commits suicide by jumping before train - Mar 26, 2011
- UP polls: 59 percent vote in 5th phase (Intro Roundup) - Feb 23, 2012
Tags: coach, family friend, inquiries, jain, last phone call, Lok Sabha, namrata, neighbourhood, nizamuddin, protocol officer, railway police, railway records, railway station, railways, sampark, train