Lok Sabha adjourned after mourning terror victimsOctober 17th, 2008 - 1:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 17 (IANS) Soon after the monsoon session of parliament resumed Friday after a long break, the Lok Sabha was adjourned after members paid tributes to those killed in terror blasts and temple stampedes in the country.The house paid respects to the victims of the terror attacks in New Delhi, Jaipur, Ahmedababd, Malegaon, Bangalore and Dhule. They also condoled the death of people in the stampedes at the Naina Devi temple in Himachal Pradesh and Chamunda Devi temple in Jodhpur.
The members mourned the deaths of Lok Sabha members D.C. Srikandappa and Kishanlal Diler. Former members who died was also remembered. They included Ram Sajivan and Sultan Salahuddin Owaisi of the 13th Lok Sabha, Rajendra Agnihotri of 12th Lok Sabha, Pratap Singh Saini of 11th Lok Sabha, Tej Pratap Singh and Shiv Sampati Ram of sixth Lok Sabha, and P.R. Ramakrishnan of third Lok Sabha.
Assam MP S.K. Bwiswmuthiary protested because the house did not refer to the people killed in clashes in the state earlier this month.
After the 10-minute session, Speaker Somnath Chatterjee adjourned the house.
- Assam violence leads to uproar, parliament adjourned till noon (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi injured in firing (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- BJP sticks to 'quit PM' demand, parliament adjourned again (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Both Houses adjourned till Monday - Oct 17, 2008
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi injured in attack; Hyderabad tense (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Parliament adjourned again over coal allocation - Aug 27, 2012
- Rajya Sabha adjourned till Tuesday - Jul 26, 2010
- Stampedes at religious places in over a decade - Nov 08, 2011
- MIM leader Owaisi injured in attack, Hyderabad tense (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the day (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Parliament adjourned after obituary references (Lead) - Jul 26, 2010
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the day (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Telangana, Sethusamudram disrupt Lok Sabha - Mar 29, 2012
- Ensure safety of people from northeast, BJP tells government - Aug 16, 2012
- Rajya Sabha adjourned after obituary references - Nov 09, 2010