Lok Dal to have poll alliance with BJPMarch 2nd, 2009 - 1:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 2 (IANS) The Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) led by Ajit Singh announced its entry into the opposition National Democratic Alliance (NDA) here Monday. The RLD will have a poll pact with the main NDA constituent the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
The move was announced at a joint press conference addressed by Ajit Singh, NDA convener Sharad Yadav and BJP’s prime ministerial candidate L.K. Advani, who said on the occasion that alliances had now become an essential part of Indian politics.
Led by Ajit Singh, son of former prime minister and farmer leader Charan Singh, the RLD has had its traditional support base in the sugarcane belt of western Utar Pradesh.
- Rashtriya Lok Dal joins National Democratic Alliance (Lead) - Mar 02, 2009
- Sharad Yadav rejects Advani's prediction on 2014 polls - Aug 06, 2012
- Ajit Singh's RLD joins NDA (Second Lead) - Mar 02, 2009
- NDA reviews vice presidential poll strategy - Jul 24, 2012
- Rahul-Ajit combo try to whip up magic in Meerut (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Ajit Singh - a political acrobat - Dec 18, 2011
- Ajit Singh - a political acrobat (Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- NDA allies together on coal scam: Sharad Yadav - Aug 30, 2012
- Jaswant Singh as NDA's vice presidential candidate (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- BJP announces alliance with RLD - Mar 02, 2009
- RLD joins hands with Congress for Uttar Pradesh polls - Dec 11, 2011
- UPA plays up the Ajit-Rahul combo in Meerut - Feb 02, 2012
- NDA defers decision on presidential polls (Second Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- NDA to wait and watch: Advani (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- After NCP, RLD supports Ramdev on black money - Jun 07, 2012