Log on, perform prayers online!March 18th, 2012 - 3:11 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, March 18 (IANS) Two prominent Hindu shrines in Himachal Pradesh will offer online prayers and other services to devotees from this week.From this Chaitra Navratri festival, beginning March 23, the Chamunda Devi and Brajeshwari Devi temples in Kangra district would be available with just a click of a mouse, Deputy Commissioner R.S. Gupta told IANS.
He said the devotees could participate in the daily ‘arti’ - both in the morning and evening - and could offer online offerings.
Two other prominent Hindus shrines - Naina Devi and Jwalaji - have already gone online.
“The Brajeshwari Devi temple site will not only offer pooja but devotees can also book accommodation and get information on forthcoming events and festivals,” said Pawan Badyal, a temple official.
He said during Chaitra Navratri festival over 50,000 devotees are expected to reach the temple every day. The festival will conclude April 2.
The hill state, also known as ‘land of gods’, has 28 prominent Hindu temples.
The popular shrines are Chintpurni in Una district, Baba Balak Nath in Hamirpur district and Bhimakali and Hateshwari in Shimla district.
- Thousands of devotees throng Himachal temples - Sep 28, 2011
- Himachal to develop religious tourism - Jul 05, 2011
- Himachal to turn temple gold into mementoes - Jul 08, 2012
- Himachal temples to melt holy gold - Apr 12, 2011
- Devotees throng Himachal temples with onset of Shravan - Jul 20, 2012
- Heli-taxi service planned to Himachal temple - Jul 03, 2012
- Bill moved to manage gold donated in Himachal temples - Apr 09, 2010
- Himachal temples allowed to sell gold, silver - Apr 13, 2010
- Himachal temples have nearly Rs.1 bn in cash - Apr 08, 2011
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Perform virtual prayers at Himachal's Naina Devi temple - Mar 13, 2011
- Prayers in Himachal temples for India's victory - Apr 02, 2011
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal accident - Jul 15, 2012
- Hindus chant to Muslim beats in Himachal temples - Oct 03, 2010
- Himachal's Naina Devi shrine sees record offerings - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: arti, baba balak nath, balak, chaitra, chamunda, deputy commissioner, devotees, forthcoming events, hamirpur district, hindu shrines, hindu temples, hindus, morning and evening, navratri, navratri festival, offerings, pooja, prayers, s gupta, shimla